Systems Engineering Co-op (Spring/Summer 2020)Apply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HTX36: Richardson, TX 3200 E Renner Rd , Richardson, TX, 75082-2402 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The Integrated Mission Systems Engineering (IMSE) Department within Collins Aerospace Mission Systems Engineering is seeking a systems engineering intern to help execute technical scope as a member of the platform systems team. An intern in this position will work closely with a team of systems engineers. Potential opportunities include supporting one or more of the following platforms: E-4, B2, E-6.
This systems engineering intern would be a part of a cross-functional team responsible for development, debugging, integrating and testing hardware / software capabilities related to the opportunities described. This systems engineering intern would join our Systems Engineering Team in Richardson, TX.
Systems engineering intern tasks may include (All under supervision and mentorship): assisting with technical trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition to translate requirements into hardware and software specifications, documentation review and update, creating integration and test procedures, testing of hardware components, analysis & documentation of problem trouble reports found during testing, providing written and verbal status of testing progress to the concurrent engineering team and providing suggestions for problem trouble report resolution.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Currently pursuing a BS or MS degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
- Strong academic record and interest in research, must have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, especially Microsoft Excel, is highly desirable.
- The successful candidate will be part of a distributed team composed of professionals from several disciplines (engineering, program management, senior leadership) and must have the ability to function well, both alone and with others, and have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Prior technical internships or co-ops desired, but not required.
- Experience with requirements programs (DOORS and/or JAMA) is desired, but not required.
- Experience with issue tracking databases (JIRA) is desired, but not required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.