Staff Eng, Systems MBSE Lead - FVL Mission Avionics (Flexible Location)Apply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HTX36: Richardson, TX 3200 E Renner Rd , Richardson, TX, 75082-2402 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
The Future Vertical Lift (FVL) Mission Avionics team is looking for an exceptionally motivated Staff Systems Engineer that is passionate about systems engineering with a deep background in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE). FVL projects span the entire development lifecycle, including pursuit and order capture, system design, requirements definition, requirement allocation, requirement traceability, use case development for software/hardware, systems integration, verification testing and qualification.
You will work closely with fellow systems engineers, Project Engineers (PEs), Product Line / Program Management, software, hardware, electrical and support staff to lead and develop MBSE artifacts in all phases of the product lifecycle. This position will support defining the future of armed forces aviation.
- Development of system and data models in order to design, develop, document and test both hardware and software systems, ranging from black box to the complex end-to-end platform systems for FVL Mission Avionics products.
- Facilitating MBSE training with other team members, cultivating and reinforcing appropriate MBSE best practices, processes, and behaviors, while identifying, analyzing and correcting problems.
- Shepherd the Mission Avionics team in model based engineering and development while managing systems engineering documentation for mission avionics solutions used on the helicopters being developed for the US Army.
- Recommends investments or changes in technology, resources, procedures, equipment, systems, or other assets to improve the quality of the organization's projects.
- Serve as a design authority for our FVL avionics and mission equipment package
- Lead and advise engineering managers, program managers, business development managers, product line managers, and component architects
- Establish trusted and influential relationships with customers and suppliers
- Serve as the primary MBSE focal point for leadership and the customer for FVL mission equipment packages/solutions
- Coordinate across strategic business units for alignment of portfolio roadmaps
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
Demonstrable high proficiency with multiple years of experience in systems engineering, open systems architectures, model based systems engineering methods, and MBSE tools and languages (SysML, UML, AADL, or equivalent)
Strong expertise in defining system level design and creating the system, subsystem, item and element requirements including traceability
Highly self-motivated and contributing to a positive work environment
Experience with visual modeling and design tools (Enterprise Architect, Cameo, or equivalent)
Experience with DOORS, SVN, and Atlassian Software Development tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, JAMA, etc.)
Expert in systems engineering and open systems architectures
Operations concept development
System and product design
Requirements management, technical risk management, interface definition and control
Ability to collaborate well across multiple disciplines and domains
Excellent written and oral communication skills to include presentation skills
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite tools (particularly Excel, Project, and PowerPoint)
Ability to travel domestically (up to 25% of time)
Experience highly desired:
Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team
Experience with avionics system architecture development, and systems, software, and hardware engineering.
Ability to thrive in a highly technical and dynamic environment.
Experience with Avionics regulatory and certification requirements: TSO, DO-160, DO254, DO178B/C, and ARP4754
Experience working in an Agile development environment, being part of a highly integrated team working closely with SW, Integration and Verification teams
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
* Tuition reimbursement
* Life insurance and disability coverage
* Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
* Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
* Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
* Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
* Autism Benefit
* Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
* Adoption Assistance
* Best Doctors, second opinion program
* And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
* Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.