Principal Systems Engineer - FVL Mission AvionicsApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HTX36: Richardson, TX 3200 E Renner Rd , Richardson, TX, 75082-2402 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
The Future Vertical Lift (FVL) Mission Avionics team is looking for an exceptionally motivated Principal Systems Engineer that is passionate about systems engineering with the ability to thrive in a highly technical environment. Additionally, this position will be responsible for motivating team members, facilitating meetings, cultivating and reinforcing appropriate group values, norms and behaviors, and identifying, analyzing and correcting problems.
As a Principal Mission Avionics Systems Lead, you will create system designs and validate these multiple domain mission avionics solutions used on the helicopters being developed for the US Army. Primary responsibility will be to focus on customer needs and requirements in order to design, develop, document and test both hardware and software systems, ranging from black box to the complex end-to-end platform systems.
Projects span the entire development lifecycle, including pursuit and order capture, system design, requirements definition, requirement allocation, requirement traceability, use case development for software/hardware, systems integration, verification testing and qualification.
The candidate will work closely with fellow systems engineers, Technical Project Engineers (PEs), Product Line / Program Management, software, hardware, electrical and support staff to assure defined requirements are consistently met in all phases of the product lifecycle. This position will support defining the future of armed forces aviation.
- Lead technical proposal preparation and serve as a subject matter expert in non-advocate, internal and customer reviews
- Ensures the development and management of technical risks and develops and executes mitigation plans
- Recommends investments or changes in technology, resources, procedures, equipment, systems, or other assets to improve the quality of the organization's projects.
- Serve as design authority for our FVL avionics and mission equipment package
- Lead development and communication of roadmaps for FVL Mission Avionics projects, associated technologies, and product lines
- Lead and advise engineering managers, program managers, business development managers, product line managers, and component architects
- Establish trusted and influential relationships with customers and suppliers
- Serve as the primary technology and systems engineering focal point for leadership and the customer for FVL mission equipment packages/solutions
- Coordinate across strategic business units for alignment of portfolio roadmaps
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 10 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required.
- Strong understanding of end-to-end systems architecture governance and design principles.
Engineering experience with a proven track record of success
Expert in systems engineering and open systems architectures
Operations concept development
System and product design
Requirements management, technical risk management, interface definition and control
Experience with aircraft level system integration
Development of integration and test plans, test cases and procedures
Executing product and system level tests to include experience with automation test tools or scripting
Experience using DOORS, Enterprise Architect and JIRA or similar tools
Broad and deep background in Avionics computing programs, products, and underlying technologies
Experience in technical proposal writing - Make/Buy Decision-making and trade study experience
Demonstrated ability to effectively work with and communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team
Experience with avionics system architecture development, and systems, software, and hardware engineering.
Excellent written and oral communication skills to include presentation skills
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite tools (particularly Excel, Project, and PowerPoint)
Ability to travel domestically (up to 25% of time)
Must be a U.S. Citizen
Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
Experience highly desired:
Operational experience with embedded (low-level) software development, application software development, and/or hardware development
Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), Cameo, DODAF, SysML, AADL
Experience with bidding utilizing SEER tools
Experience with Avionics regulatory and certification requirements: TSO, DO-160, DO254, DO178B/C, and ARP4754
Experience working in an Agile development environment, being part of a highly integrated team working closely with SW, Integration and Verification teams
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
* Tuition reimbursement
* Life insurance and disability coverage
* Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
* Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
* Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
* Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
* Autism Benefit
* Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
* Adoption Assistance
* Best Doctors, second opinion program
* And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
* Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.