Electrical Engineer Intern (Summer 2021)Apply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HTX36: Richardson, TX 3200 E Renner Rd , Richardson, TX, 75082-2402 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
The Mission Product Systems Electrical Engineering Department is looking for a dynamic Electrical Engineer Intern to perform product line and design engineering tasks related to the design, analysis, test and certification of Mission Product Systems Platforms. This position will primarily focus on project execution with influence into requirements decomposition and hardware design aspects of Airborne and Strategic Communication Systems.
- Under supervision, technically plan, execute and manage project tasks to meet or exceed programmatic needs
- Perform with guidance under the direction of the HW Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead and/or senior engineer
- Create and present task status and technical solutions to team members, engineering leadership, and customers
- Assist with the development of hardware requirements based on product, system level, and customer requirements
- Design hardware to meet rigorous military requirements for platform, environment, functionality, cost, and Size, Weight, and Power (SWaP)
- Test and verify designs that meet documented hardware requirements
- Create and execute test procedures to support the qualification of products to government standards
- Early project risk identification, mitigation, and escalation
- Adherence to and support of the Collins Aerospace process methodologies while developing and managing commitments to meet project financial and schedule deliverables and quality requirements
- Utilize strong interaction and interpersonal skills to drive self and teams to success
- Read and understand metrics to predict execution issues
- Work with their team and other team leads to resolve medium to complex issues
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Basic Knowledge of design and development processes with some practical experience in multiple phases of the HW lifecycle: requirements, design, development, integration, and validation/verification
- Must possess at least one of the following disciplines:
- Basic Knowledge of PWB/PCB electrical design including stack-up analysis and routing rules
- Basic FPGA digital design experience and/or any experience with VHDL or similar firmware development languages
- Basic Knowledge of wiring harnesses and rigs, with an emphasis on signal analysis and validation of signal integrity throughout the target platform
- Basic Knowledge of RF System Design spanning transmitter and receiver architecture, RF Principles, Antennas and Propagation and transmission lines
- Ability to provide insight on implications of hardware changes to the system
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks while balancing priorities and schedules
- Good written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work well with others in a professional team environment
- Motivated self-starter with strong analytical skills
- Background and/or knowledge in data links, networking, and interface definition
- Basic Knowledge in integration of COTS and Custom design hardware, firmware, and software
- Basic Knowledge in ruggedized electronics design (MIL-STD-810G/MIL-STD-461F)
- Basic Knowledge of timing analysis and signal integrity analysis tools (Mentor Hyperlynx, Quantum SI, or Microwave Office)
- Basic Knowledge of EMI and Signal Integrity design techniques and analysis
- Some experience with technical leadership of small technical teams
- Capable of leading investigations for open ended complex problems
- Able to investigate problems to the root cause and then champion the creation and implementation of corrective actions
- Understanding of earned value management techniques and philosophy and how it pertains to their project execution
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.