Associate Software Engineer (NEW GRAD)Apply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HTX36: Richardson, TX 3200 E Renner Rd , Richardson, TX, 75082-2402 USA
Collins Aerospace is currently seeking qualified candidates for an associate software engineering position to support airborne platforms and ground based systems across multiple programs. The opportunity requires individuals who can perform key software lifecycle development activities, including the design, development and integration testing of mission systems software. Candidates should be self-motivated and willing to work in a fast paced environment as part of a dynamic and growing software development team. Additionally, candidates should be experienced with common software engineering tools and practices.
- Assist in development of detailed software specifications, and provide accurate time estimates for the software development.
- Develop detailed software designs and specifications.
- Modify/create engineering design documentation.
- Debug and integrate software components.
- Support and enhance existing software products as necessary.
- Collaborate with Software Engineers, Testers, Hardware Engineers, and Project Management.
- Design, develop, implement, test, and debug software applications and associated user interfaces
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Drive and self-motivation
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to learn quickly as part of a growing team
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Disciplined approach to developing high quality software
- Bachelor’s degree
- In absence of a degree, 4 years of relevant experience.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
- C/C++ programming experience
- Java programming experience
- Experience with Agile development practices
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo)
- Understanding of Virtual Machines
- Experience developing for Linux platforms
- Target based debugging experience
- Experience performing static and dynamic code analysis
- Object oriented design and UML modelling
- Requirements capture, decomposition, and traceability
- Well-disciplined in software engineering processes and methodologies
- Well-disciplined in configuration management practices
- Demonstrated commitment to software quality including software peer reviews
- Proficiency in industry standard software development tools (such as Subversion, Enterprise Architect, Coverity or equivalents)
- Developing software for military applications and/or experience of working government programs
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.