PC Support TechnicianApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HOR31: Portland, OR (IAMS) 7200 NE Airport Way , Portland, OR, 97218 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Provides technical support to internal and/or external customers either remotely or at the customer's desk regarding the installation, operation, move, configuration, customization, and usage of client hardware, software, network and telecommunications systems.
- Provides technical support for computers and associated networks.
- Troubleshoots and repairs personal computers and associated peripherals.
- Assists in analyzing failed equipment.
- Assists in installation projects and special projects.
- Good working knowledge of computers and associated networks. Basic knowledge of troubleshooting, servicing, and repairing personal computers.
- Customer contact with proactive interaction and interactive skills of troubleshooting customer needs.
- Needs few details on routine and project work assignments.
- Supervision and guidance only when needed.
- This position is shift based.
- The shifts include 7 day coverage, pager support and ongoing preventative maintenance of workstations and associated peripherals.
- This position requires an HS Diploma or AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a HS diploma, GED or AA/AS degree, 4 years of relevant experience is required.
- 1 to 3 years experience as a field service technician in a technical support capacity.
- High School degree plus technical college training. Should possess A+ certification or Network Plus and one or more of the following certificates would be helpful but not required: MCSE, MCP, MCDBA and/or CCNA.
- Some experience supporting various hardware and peripheral components in an on-site environment is required.
- Some experience in network connectivity/cabling, and networking hardware such as routers and switches.
- Experience working directly in customer service environment.
- Criminal background check and AOA Security Clearance.
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, Windows 10 & Windows 7 would be an asset.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.