Quality EngineerApply Now
Salary Circa 34k depending on experience
Collins Aerospace, a unit of United Technologies, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At the Plymouth location we design and manufacture products for control, navigation and guidance for surface and air applications in the global aerospace and defence markets. Our world leading products include the innovative MEMS based IMUs and the digital terrain reference navigation system, TERPROM®.
We have a new position within the Quality Compliance Team for a Quality Engineer. A positive attitude and approach to continuous improvement programmes is a prerequisite for this role. Candidates should be confident and self-motivated, work well within a team and have the ability to communicate and work at all levels within the business. The role requires and individual of integrity when representing the business to our customers.
- Represent the Quality Function in the life cycle value stream management - Programme Lead US / Non US missile customer teams
- Participate in / lead customer calls and site visits as required
- Liaise with Build to Print, Quality Delivery Assurance Clinic and Operations Improvement team with regards customer facing Quality
- Act as the Quality focal for changes within the product portfolio (DCR, PIO reviews and baseline approval)
- Maintain customer focus in projects and build customer confidence
- Participate in Bids and Proposal reviews
- Order acceptance focal for product portfolio
- Manage time allocation and demands from a number of projects
- Conduct internal AS9100D audits as per audit plan
- Promote the Quality culture in the business, through compliance to the QMS and adherence to Quality Cardinal Rules
- Ability to communicate and work at all levels within the business.
A basic awareness of Quality Management Systems such as ISO9000, AS9100, ISO27001
An audit Qualification is desirable but training AS9100 internal audit training will be provided
Previous customer facing Quality role, such as hosting customer visits and audits.
Negotiating with customers to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
Depth of knowledge of the defence industry
Competent in the use of common IT software including Microsoft Word / Excel / Access databases and SharePoint.
Knowledge of some or all of common the Quality tools including PPAP, NPI/APQP/Control Plan,
FMEA, SPC, 8D and MSA
It is anticipated the successful applicant will have a high level of visibility both within the organisation and externally with key customers. The ideal candidate will be educated to Degree level in an engineering discipline and/or have experience of quality management systems and knowledge of auditing.
In return, we offer a suite of benchmark benefits including membership of BUPA, Annual Leave Buy/Sell, Employee and Family Assistance Programme, employee discounts, and much more, all working within a culture based on positive assumptions in an exceptionally safe, clean and modern working environment.
Please note that potential candidates will be subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and background checks and that project access restrictions may apply to some nationalities
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.