Logistics ManagerApply Now
Location:Atlantic Inertial Systems Limited, Clittaford Road, Southway, Plymouth, PL6 6DE
Collins Aerospace, a unit of Raytheon Technologies, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Plymouth we design and manufacture products for control, navigation and guidance for surface and air applications in the global aerospace and defence markets. Our growth plan includes development and extension of our current technologies into civil applications.
A vacancy for a Logistics Manager is required to lead a multifunctional team delivering the day to day performance of Goods Inwards, Inspection, Material Movement, Kitting, Packing, Shipping and Despatch processes, supporting the Operations Team – whilst utilising continuous improvement to improve process robustness and drive out waste.
- Establish the visual standards to measure process performance
- Ensure all processes are mapped, have documented standard work, are cross trained personnel within the team and adhered to.
- Ensure sufficient resource is available to meet fluctuating levels of demand utilising manufacturing cell design methodologies (I.E. Operator % load charting)
- Establish a system of Takt logistics delivered to point of use, including container management, delivery route, frequency and master data system updates.
- Work as an active member of the Supply Chain team to ensure a co-ordinated customer focused process approach is implemented, and establish a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensure a smooth Goods Receipt profile is maintained around Business operating hours.
- Manage the business PPE Stocks.
- Responsible for the co-ordination and monitoring of inventory accuracy and value via cycle counting to ensure 100% stock accuracy. Responsible for the cycle count plan whilst owning the stock disposal process and ensure requests are properly authorised and actioned.
- Identify and agree service level agreements to meet the needs or Operations and ensure these are monitored and maintained.
- Maintain and manage all EH&S aspects of the logistics area creating a safe working environment
- Responsible for goods shipped to the customer following all current legislation and requirements using the most efficient and cost effective transport in line with customer requirements.
- Carry out all personal development for team members, identifying training and development needs.
- Encourage openness and honesty in communication and feedback to support achievement of stated objectives.
- Definition and collation of metrics and associated improvement actions.
- Be the Logistics lead to support to the Joint Venture business.
- Manage the Business vehicle Fleet.
The ideal candidate should have experience of developing a multifunctional team and an effective procedural and process environment, whilst ensuring that key deliverables are met. Excellent communication skills and experience of using lean tools and delivering improvement projects is also a must.
In return, we offer a suite of benchmark benefits including membership of BUPA, Annual Leave Buy/Sell, Employee and Family Assistance Programme, employee discounts, and much more, all working within a culture based on positive assumptions in an exceptionally safe, clean and modern working environment.
Please note that potential candidates will be subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and background checks and that project access restrictions may apply to some nationalities.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.