Sr Tech, LogisticsApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:A50: Phoenix - Aerospace 1007 E. University Drive, Phoenix, AZ, 85034 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our customers are at the core of our business. And meeting each of their unique needs is the key to our success. The Customer & Account Management organization plays a critical role at Collins Aerospace both internally and externally. We provide executive-level support to major original equipment manufacturers and defense customers, and support our Strategic Business Units (SBUs) by augmenting key relationships and maintaining an excellent customer experience. Internally, we develop and support our SBUs by strategically planning and capturing future growth opportunities while ensuring customer satisfaction. If you want to advance your career while contributing to a vision that helps our customers redefine the aerospace industry, then consider landing here!
This position is for a senior Logistics technician who is under general supervision. Coordinates movement of materials, products or machinery and notifies of incoming shipments and estimated delivery times. Maintains and updates production and delivery schedules. May assist orienting, training, and assigning work of business support employees.
• Works under general supervision to provide assistance with managing inventory and movement of materials.
• Prepares necessary shipping documentation.
• Checks arriving materials to ensure that they match purchase orders, submitting discrepancy reports as necessary.
• Coordinates movement of materials, products or machinery and notifies of incoming shipments and estimated delivery times.
• Maintains and updates production and delivery schedules.
• Responds to fairly complex customer or shipper questions and complaints regarding storage and distribution services.
• Tracks and traces goods while they are on route to their destinations, expediting delivery when necessary.
• Maintains data from contracts, purchase orders, requisitions and other documents to assess supply needs.
• Provides logistics documentation to establish the range and depth of spares, tools, test equipment and related manuals to be deployed and stocked.
• Reviews configuration changes to evaluate impact on logistics deployment.
• Plans, schedules and manages the efficient movement of material from receiving, or the warehouse, to production.
• Manages material inventory, supplier integration strategies (VMI/3PL/supermarkets) and import/export controls.
• Partners with Industrial Engineering on packaging strategies.
Traffic Certification highly desirable.
Ability to lift and pack units.
This position requires an HS Diploma or AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a HS diploma, GED or AA/AS degree, 6 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.