Inspection Technician IIIApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:A50: Phoenix - Aerospace 1007 E. University Drive, Phoenix, AZ, 85034 USA
Conducts inspections of products (parts, assemblies, raw materials, tooling, instruments, etc.) to validate compliance to design data requirements which include drawings, specifications, and contract requirements at predetermined steps in the manufacturing process using basic inspection methods and tools.
- Generating Authorized Release Certificates (ARC) for multiple regulatory civil aviation authorities or Certificates of Conformance for military customers.
- Issuing scrap certificates.
- Conducting final inspections on electronic components, sub-assemblies, and processes.
- Ensuring no defects in assembly, soldering, bonding, or finish.
- Examining for specified characteristics (smoothness and centering of holes) or defects (scratches and chips).
- Performing unit shakedown to check for foreign objects and loose internal hardware.
- Marking defects and removing rejects, setting them aside for repair.
- Reading and interpreting technical data such as service bulletins, component maintenance manuals, or engineering prints.
- Accessing customer and company web-based portals.
- Ensuring appropriate record keeping.
- Reviewing work order documentation for accuracy and completeness, ensuring adherence to specifications and conformance to company standards and customers’ requirements.
- Effectively interacting with team members and support staff as well as external customers when applicable (source inspection, external approvals, etc.).
- The Inspection Technician reports directly to the Quality Supervisor, and interacts with Value Stream team members, Customer support specialists, materials, shipping and receiving.
- Other duties as needed.
As a final inspector, your schedule will be 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM. You may occasionally need to provide weekend and holiday support to meet customer needs.
In your role, you will be exposed to:
- Products of various weights and sizes
- Equipment with moving parts
- Chemicals that may emit fumes
Note: To minimize safety risk to you and product, you must wear static-control and personal protective equipment.
Due to the nature of our work, you will need to be able to perform the following functions, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Distinguishing colors and meeting vision requirements
- Bending, stooping, reaching, turning as needed to place units in test stands, pick up totes, place units on rack, etc.
- Using hands for extended periods of time to perform testing and troubleshooting tasks (e.g. grasping, holding, picking, placing, twisting, fine manipulation)
- Sitting or standing at a workbench/test stand for extended periods of time
- Lifting up to 10 pounds unassisted
- Transporting product with or without product carts
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have 18 months of practical experience working with electronic aircraft components or have completed a formal training course acceptable to FAA
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Strong attention to detail while handling multiple tasks at the same time
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- FAA Repairman Certificate
- Good computer skills and knowledge of office software applications
- Continuous improvement processes and tools (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean, etc.)
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
- This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.