Electrical Assembler III, 2nd ShiftApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:A50: Phoenix - Aerospace 1007 E. University Drive, Phoenix, AZ, 85034 USA
Assembles electronics according to product specifications. Follows blueprints to put together electronic devices, tools, and products using hand & power tools and other assembly equipment. At our Phoenix MRO, we specialize in the repair of electronic components for aircraft.
- Works from instructions, drawings, schematics, illustrations and process documentation to assemble a wide variety of electrical subassemblies and systems.
- Plans, fabricates, assembles, disassembles, sets up, tests, inspects, calibrates, troubleshoots, and repairs electronic and electrical hardware and equipment.
- Performs routine, complex, and repetitive assembly o
- Assembling/repairing a variety of electronic units using prescribed repair techniques:
- Identifying correct parts, components, wires, and other materials
- Removing suspect and failed components
- Soldering electronic components and using other hand tools
- Installing new components
- Operating assembly machines
- Measuring, mixing, and applying chemicals and adhesives
- Reading and interpreting technical data such as component maintenance manuals, assembly instructions, and engineering prints
- Effectively communicating work status to team members and support staff (e.g. shift pass down, engineering, maintenance)
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Read and interpret technical data
- Write in a clear and concise technical manner
- Utilize proficient computer skills and knowledge of office software applications
- You may occasionally need to provide weekend and holiday support to meet customer needs.
- In your role, you will be exposed to:
- Products of various weights and sizes
- Equipment with moving parts
- Chemicals that may emit fumes
- To minimize safety risk to you and product, you must wear static-control and personal protective equipment.
- Due to the nature of our work, you will need to be able to perform the following functions, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Distinguishing colors and meeting vision requirements
- Bending, stooping, reaching, turning as needed to place units in test stands, pick up totes, place units on rack, etc.
- Using hands for extended periods of time to perform testing and troubleshooting tasks (e.g. grasping, holding, picking, placing, twisting, fine manipulation)
- Sitting or standing at a workbench/test stand for extended periods of time
- Lifting up to 10 pounds unassisted
- Transporting product with or without product carts
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of aerospace or electronic assembly/repair experience
- Employee must be able to pass class III solder exam
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Collins Aerospace will not offer sponsorship for this position.
- 2 years of soldering experience in aerospace or electronic.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.