Sr. Operations ManagerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HFL05: Landing Gear - Miami 3201 NW 167th Street , Opa Locka, FL, 33056 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Reporting to the Site General Manager, Miami MRO, the Sr. Operations Manager will own the execution of the long-term manufacturing strategy and the operational direction of the site processes, and contribute positively to the overhaul of landing gears, continuously improving efficiency and turnaround time, while managing and controlling costs.
The ideal candidate will possess demonstrated experience in planning and allocation of resources, materials and scheduling of equipment for maximum utilization of production facilities and labor. As a champion of process improvement, they will lead by example, teaching their team how to embrace lean principles and lead projects such as evaluating physical layout of machinery, introduction of new or revised processing techniques, and efficient sequencing of operations and work flow.
This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR Part 40.
- Inspire and manage functional excellence by driving team engagement, accountability and compliance on the shop floor. Establish and implement site operational goals that exceed customer expectations for quality, delivery/ output, and cost.
- Manage operational costs, budget, and staffing levels, and actively drives cost savings.
- Manage the daily/ weekly/ monthly operations of each Cell through measurable goals/metrics and engagement with employees.
- Partner with Program Management, Quality, Engineering, Purchasing, & HR to ensure resourcing needs are met. Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Support positive employee relations, modeling behaviors that are aligned with the Collins culture and Landing Systems Ways of Working.
- Champion EH&S initiatives by actively participating in and in some cases leading on site Committees and projects that support Corporate EH&S goals.
- Lead and deliver on matters relating to industrial hygiene, safety and environmental matters and ensure safety programs comply with government regulations, standards and policies, as well as company objectives
- 5-10% travel required
- Minimum of 3 years of management/ supervisory experience, experience leading leaders preferred
- Experience in leading continuous improvement events and the use of continuous improvement tools and methodology
- Knowledge of FAA and EASA regulations for aircraft maintenance & certification
- Demonstrated ability to coach and train employees in aircraft component maintenance processes, standard work and practices, build and maintain effective teams, and develop direct reports
- Engineering and Operations experience in a Landing Gear MRO environment is highly preferred
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 8 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.