Sr Manager, Program ManagementApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HFL05: Landing Gear - Miami 3201 NW 167th Street , Opa Locka, FL, 33056 USA
Reporting to the Associate Director, Landing Gear (LG) MRO Program Management, this position is responsible for managing a portion of the Program Management Office (PMO) Value Stream to ensure overall direction, control, coordination and achievement of business objectives and requirements in support of a high level of customer satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will possess demonstrated experience in leading teams of program managers and customer service representatives (CSR) – using business processes they are capable of developing - in support of customer satisfaction (including being the primary Voice of the Customer / VoC within the organization), contracts execution, margin preservation and expansion, and financial ambassadors for the programs/ platforms they are responsible for within Landing Gear MRO.
- Lead, manage, and develop a high performing team of direct reports consisting of program managers and CSRs; includes the potential for leading remote (team members not co-located).
- Manage the development, negotiation, and approval of customer proposals, contracts, and subcontracts for the LG MRO organization.
- Support annual planning, policy deployment, financial planning as LG MRO subject matter experts.
- Support the development, implementation, and refinement of department and LG MRO network policies, procedures, and standard work to maximize efficiency and reduce costs.
- Collaborate on new or existing landing gear LG MRO business development opportunities as necessary to achieve the Landing Systems strategic/annual planning and objectives.
- Delineate contractual requirements, establish compliance and monitor sustaining compliance with in the LG MRO network. Own contractual change management, and associated business processes, for LG MRO awarded contracts.
- Undertake risk assessment and management including identifying problems and concerns within the organization that impact, or have the potential to impact, business performance and serve as a change agent where necessary.
- Actively monitor the contracts financial performance and report short falls in programs and develop recovery plans.
- Develop detailed sales forecasts in line with short and long term strategic plans as well as maintain strategic customer profiles.
- Act as a customer focal point throughout a program's LG MRO life cycle; serve as customer advocate within the Company. Manage relationship with customer to support growth and ensure service levels and customer satisfaction.
- Partner with Finance, Sales, Contracts, Operations, Quality, Engineering, Purchasing, & HR within the Landing Gear value stream; to develop and provide work scope definitions responsive to customer needs and to ensure resourcing needs are met. Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Coordinate and develop cost center budgets for the PMO and actively monitor. Develop and implement recovery plans for any unfavorable variance to plan.
- Produce competitive analysis materials comparing work scopes / services with its key competitors.
- Develop business case analyses in support of new program and/or work scope / services activities.
- Actively support, and in some instances lead, bid and proposal preparation as well as contract negotiation.
- Support contractual requirements as it relates to aftermarket requirements including maintenance of all repair contracts, communications of contractual requirements to the appropriate functional areas of the organization; monitoring customer and Collins performance to these requirements and initiate corrective action as required.
- Actively manage the LG MRO network achievement of monthly sales, cash flow, OI, AR and Inventory goals for responsible programs/ platforms.
- Participate in the development of program plans, schedules and budgets, track and report performance to these plans and budgets; manage all claims including review of all warranty repairs/claims for cost recovery; cost tracking; cost reduction actions; etc.
- Control all customer furnished inventory to an optimal level in support of sales and customer support objectives including establishing and maintaining provisioning levels.
- Ensure compliance to all Government Property contractual requirements
- Travel as required (est 10-20%), and perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of prior relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 7 years’ experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- Demonstrated ability to coach and train employees in aircraft component maintenance business processes, standard work and practices, build and maintain effective teams, and develop direct reports.
- Program Management experience in a Landing Gear / Landing Gear MRO environment is highly preferred
- Working knowledge of SAP or equivalent ERP system including basic transactional and process knowledge.
- Strong organizational skills – ability to organize and adhere to multiple deadlines while working within a very fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand contract documents, technical drawings and documentation.
- Highly motivated and dedicated individual capable of functioning in a very fast paced environment and must be a champion of change, capable of leading continuous improvement in the processes and performance across multiple programs.
- Comprehensive understanding of inventory and basic finance principles, bottom-line oriented.
- Experience negotiating and demonstrated understanding of how contracts are established and properly managed.
- Managing Vision and Purpose
- Business / Financial Acumen
- Focus on Results / Bias for Action
- Managerial Courage / Command Skills
- Developing Direct Reports and others
- Communication Skills / Executive Presence
- Functional / Technical Skills
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.