Tool DesignerApply Now
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, as the Tool Designer, you will be responsible designing high quality tooling, gages, and fixtures according to customer requests.
- Design fixtures, gages, and tooling per customer requests
- Ensure all designs are high in quality and accuracy
- Assist staff in project development and investigations related to tooling issues
- Utilize CAD software, specifically Catia V5 to prepare tooling designs and blueprints
- Interact directly with customers on design changes or specifications to ensure effective product design and implementation
- Interact directly with suppliers to insure timely delivery of purchased items
- Maintain continuous process improvement with safe work practices to reduce cost, improve quality and increase throughput for new and existing processes.
- Maintain product and computer reputation by complying with EH&S and government regulations, manufacturing information and records.
- Provide shop floor support and assist with the Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) process.
- Support and/or participate in Continuous Improvement (CI) events and ACE activities.
- Monitor and support work off shifts
- Perform other duties as assigned..
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline and minimum 5 years of relevant experience or an Advance degree in the appropriate discipline and minimum 3 years of experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience.
- Licensed General Machinist is required
- Minimum 5 years of Tool Design experience in the Aerospace Industry
- Proficient in the use of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in aircraft tool design and fabrication, to include drilling, machining, welding, assembly and inspection.
- Prior experience in manufacturing and machining.
- Strong ability to read, analyze and interpret engineering drawings, general business, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent team player with demonstrated problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong ability to effectively communicate, present information and respond to questions from managers, clients and customers.
- Previous experience with continuous improvement tools, including the ability to analyze and improve processes to reduce cost and improve quality would be an asset
Collins Aerospace Systems is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates during all aspects of the selection process.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.