Production Quality Engineering (1032 program) - DaysApply Now
In this position you will be reporting to the Supervisor, Quality Control. As the Quality Engineering Specialist, you will be responsible for managing program quality launches; complete Supplier and Customer sampling, control plan requirements; ensuring that all products shipped meet all Customer dimensional, material and systems specifications or documented deviations to those specifications.
- Independently design, execute and evaluate quality systems particular to assigned products, such as PFMEA, control plans, PPAP requirements, etc.
- Participate actively in PPAP (Product Part Approval Process).
- Facilitate Process Certification events, Manufacturing Process Reviews and follow up on open actions
- Work with Manufacturing engineering group to maintain PFMEA and Control Plans
- Organize and lead Gauge R&R evaluations
- Implement and maintain SPC system and report Cpk data on all KC's
- Coordinate containment, sort/rework actions for external and internal issues
- Coordinate warranty tear down analysis and problem solving resolution / reports for internal issues
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to optimize all parameters to attain maximum running efficiencies for each job through creation of Standardized Work procedures ( cycle times, TaKT times, etc.)
- Provide input to improve tool designs/gauges
- Ensure and advance all shop floor documentation as required.
- Ensure all products (purchased and manufactured) are to the appropriate engineering change level.
- Participates, leads and coordinates problem solving for Quality Clinic and manufacturing concerns (customer specific reports: 8D, 7 step, 5 phase, Is/Is Not, etc)
- Ensure enforcement and compliance of Customer Specific Requirements,
- Support the "Zero Defect" plan
- Initiate and/or participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Promote and comply with health, safety, and environmental standards, safe operating procedures, good housekeeping practices and the observance of protective equipment requirements at all times.
- Attend authorized training in order to develop and/or maintain relevant job-related knowledge, techniques, skills, and/or certification.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering preferred).
- 3 to 5 years of related work experience in a manufacturing environment (Aerospace or Automotive preferred).
- ASQ "Certified Quality Engineer" certification an asset.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and math data including geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
- Working knowledge of statistical techniques
- Strong technical background in CNC machining and NADCAP special processes
- Proficient with RED "X" or similar root causing tools, SPC, Six Sigma techniques, Lean Manufacturing, PFMEA and DOE.
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal and analytical abilities
- Sound computer skills. Knowledge of SAP and Catia would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced team environment
- Successful candidates must meet all requirements under ITAR and CCGP
Collins Aerospace Systems is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates during all aspects of the selection process.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.