Machine Shop Technician - Manual Boring Mill - Afternoon ShiftApply Now
Machine # 21335 (Manual Boring Mill)
Reporting to the Machine Shop Supervisor on the afternoon shift, as the Machine Shop Technician, you will produce aircraft parts to drawing while operating a manual boring mill. The successful candidate must be willing to multitask and cross-train on all machines within the cell, as required.
- Perform own manual set-ups by positioning and aligning tooling per set-up instructions
- Maintain tolerances by observing operation and making necessary machine offset adjustments, cutter changes and performing self-inspection (SI&A).
- Document actions in support of quality logs, communicate all discrepancies in machining to supervision and create Product Defect Sheets (PDS) as required.
- Perform work from set-up sheets, manufacturing sheets and drawings.
- Support and promote continuous improvement, 5S activities and Standard Work Development in the cell.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of current manual Boring Mill machining experience.
- Certificate of Qualification (C of Q) is preferred.
- Must be willing to multi-task as required.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize measuring equipment in support of quality requirements and read and interpret blueprints.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and use an overhead crane in a safe manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Willingness to train and operate other machines in the cell and willingness to work overtime
- Must be willing to work the night shift (Monday to Friday -- 3pm to 11pm)
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.