Machine Shop Supervisor - Night ShiftApply Now
In this position you will be reporting to the Machine Shop Manager. As the Night Shift Machine Shop Supervisor, you will oversee daily, weekly and monthly production targets of a team of Machinist while maintaining the highest of quality, safety and process standards.
Please note that candidates must be willing to work/train on various shifts as required.
- Provide day to day working leadership within the machine shop during the afternoon shift, by ensuring that safe-working procedures, good housekeeping practices and all company policies are adhered to at all times.
- Plan and organize the efficient and effective use of manpower, equipment and material resources.
- Schedule, distribute and control work assignments to provide smooth flow of both priority and routine tasks to ensure efficient utilization of personnel and production requirements are met in a timely basis.
- Provide support and direction to employees on machining/technical challenges.
- Work with the team to drive continuous improvement through driver measures, open team dialogue and actively participating in Driver/ACE board meetings.
- Participate and support ACE related activities and drive ACE initiatives.
- Interface with appropriate support personnel (Manufacturing, Engineering, Production Control, and Inspection, in the investigation of production problems encountered in meeting schedule requirements and/or quality standards.
- Act proactively to ensure a safe work environment and promote safe work habits through formal audits and continuous contact with the shop floor.
- Act as a coach and mentor to improve employee performance and engagement.
- Resolve employee concerns by listening, analyzing and taking action.
- Conduct performance reviews, lead coaching discussions and participate in hiring activities.
- Coordinate overtime and vacation planning to ensure adequate coverage during shift.
- Work with the teams to understand the need to drive continuous improvement through driver measures, open team dialogue and a bias for action; actively participate in daily Driver measure board meetings.
- Establishes lines of communication between other supervisors and cell leaders, determines the area of responsibility and follows up to ensure assignments are completed in accordance with procedures and instructions
- Assist in reviewing those problem areas that have been identified by monitoring QN's and PDS sheets and ensures proper action has been taken to correct the unfavorable occurrence
- Lead the on-going reduction of inventory and elimination of waste from the business by promoting and applying LEAN principles and daily TPM and 5S in the shop.
- Investigate production and improvement suggestions to determine feasibility, suggest new production ideas including acquisition and commissioning of new production.
- Work with Maintenance team to drive rapid closure of all daily machine issues, and identify opportunities for PM, TPM and additional support.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Post Secondary education/certification in a related technical discipline coupled with previous experience in a leadership position in a manufacturing environment.
Minimum 3 years of experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment.
Must have at least 10 years of experience in a hands on CNC Machinist position.
Must have strong background in CNC and manual Machining.
Previous experience in a fast paced, manufacturing environment is required, and prior aerospace experience would be considered an asset.
Demonstrated performance and leadership qualities through successful participation in company leadership activities/roles.
Demonstrated problem solving & data analytics skills.
Strong computer skills including all Microsoft Office Applications (i.e. Excel)
Ability to work and be available to cover other shifts as required.
Knowledge of applicable processes within all cells.
Must be able to communicate well with people at all levels in the organization.
Effective time management skills.
Accepts ownership and accountability for own actions and is persistent in following through on daily plan.
A team player with strong planning and organizational skills
Proven mentoring skills and ability to delegate duties effectively among employees.
Respects diversity and treats others with respect.
Energetic and innovative leader who shares new ideas in an effort to continuously improve the process.
Strong knowledge of EH&S programs and policies with a passion for health and safety.
Collins Aerospace Systems is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates during all aspects of the selection process.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.