Industrial Engineering Manager -Focus Factory 2021Apply Now
In this position you will be reporting to the Associate Director of Technical Services. The Focus Factory 2021 Industrial Engineering Manager is responsible to coach and lead cross-functional teams to reconstruct how Oakville manufacturer's large and medium sized landing gear components from launch to shipment with the shortest lead time and cost. This is a new position and will require your skills to develop and grow the department and the Collins team.
- Benchmark all the product value streams, the physical layout of product through all machinery and the most efficient sequence of operations and work flow.
- Lead numerous linkage and flow projects through your team of industrial engineers to establish the future state for the 2021 factory layout.
- Prepare the business case to justify all capital investment, machine purchase or moves, new technologies, labour variance, lead time or run time reduction to establish the ROI for the project.
- Strong project management skills are necessary to create the plan, and to drive accountability to meet the ROI.
- Responsible to lead the team of IE's in the Machine Shop, Surface Finishing and Assembly to drive;
- Run time reduction
- Enhance standard work
- Create and analyse linkage & flow process maps per part & LIKE product families
- Setup time reduction
- SWIP definition
- Will be adding information on router maintenance such as validation and update of time standards and routers along with SAP experience / needs
- Will be supporting our ACE operating system to ensure compliance when using the tools
- Plan the allocation of resources, materials and personnel to support the schedule, having daily IPT team meetings to ensure actions are being addressed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and miniumum 3 years in a relevant experience is required. In the absence of a degree a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in a relevant experience is required.
- Strong understanding of Continuous Improvement and Lean Techniques and applications
- Completed projects of similar magnitude is mandatory
- Demonstrated proficiency in all MS office applications.
- Previous ERP experience necessary (SAP preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Successful candidate must meet all requirements under ITAR and CCGP.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering. Another engineering discipline, complimented by post graduate studies, or specific industrial engineering training combined with a minimum of 5 years of work experience as an Industrial Engineer may be considered.
- 3 years previous leadership/supervisory experience in required.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.