Director - Landing Gear EngineeringApply Now
Location:LOC13049 1400 South Service Road West,Oakville,Ontario,L6L 5Y7,Canada
In this position you will be reporting to the Vice President of Engineering – Landing Systems and based out of our Oakville Ontario facility. As the Director of Landing Gear Engineering, you will be responsible for engineering leadership for our $1B Landing Gear business. This would encompass an engineering spend of ~$35M and over ~250 Full Time employees between our LG facilities, Collins Global Engineering Centers in Poland and India as well as contractors.
This leader will be responsible for the development and execution of a strategy to support and lead engineering efforts from including product innovation, design, production support, cost containment, product compliance and field support.
Planning and execution of all engineering programs 25%
- Budgeting and engineering program scheduling
- Execution of engineering quality, on-time delivery, and budget performance
- Design for production and service
Leadership and development of the team 25%
- Managing human capital necessary to achieve the engineering goals
- Responsible for organizational design and effectiveness
- Development of capable succession for leadership roles and technical expertise
- Establishment of a positive culture
- Ensuring reward and recognition structures are effective and appropriately deployed
Technical content and quality of Engineering 20%
- Provide technical guidance and support to the engineering team
- Develop and manage the creation and maturation of core technologies to propel the future of the business
- Meet customer requirements
- Help shape and implement Collins strategic initiatives
- Ensure we maintain the appropriate recurrent cost envelope
Managing technical relationships at airframe and airline/operating customers 20%
- Ensure an effective communication process between Collins and key customer personnel.
- Foster a business relationship with customers where crucial conversations can take place to ensure issues can be dealt with effectively and efficiently at management level when roadblocks arise at the working group level.
- Develop a trusting and transparent working relationship through ethical behavior, customer focused improvements, accountability and teamwork.
Resource planning 10%
- Support engineering low cost source strategy for long term growth and competitiveness
- Coordinate new business opportunities with the business development group to ensure resources are allocated to new business.
- Ensure resources are allocated for engineering programs to meet customer expectations.
- Ensure divisional resources are effectively utilized leveraging skills and program geographical needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering and 12 years of relevant experience OR an Advanced Degree and 10 years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a senior leadership role.
- Extensive experience in New Product Introduction
- Previous experience in an “In Service Support” related role.
- Previous experience in engineering support of a manufacturing facility.
- Previous aircraft certification experience mandatory.
- Previous experience in a highly regulated, safety critical environment.
- Previous design experience using CATIA v5 an asset
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.