EH&S Operational Excellence (Remote Option Available)Apply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HNC99: Field Office - NC Remote Location, Remote City, NC, 06032 USA
Collins Aerospace is looking for an EHS OpEx to support the Mechanical System (MES) in ensuring continuous improvement of EHS Culture and performances. This role will directly report to the MES EHS Assoc. Director; will have to collaborate with all the MES sites in ensuring effective implementation of Collins and MES EHS programs and initiatives. Additionally, will have to institutionalize lean processes in EHS, driving improvements in EHS Dashboard Reviews, cadences of team meetings, Virtual Safety Walks (VSW), leveraging best practices across MES. This role will also have to act as the focal point for all MES US sites, ensuring support and acting as a direct link between them and the MES EHS Associate Director.
- Institutionalize lean processes in EHS, driving improvements in EHS performances.
- Drive improvement in EHS Dashboard Reviews ensuring critical EHS/compliance issues are addressed during Dashboards review and followed up.
- Ensure monthly EHS reporting is accurately completed on time on EHS SMART.
- Ensure no overdue actions on EHS SMART Redbook.
- Verify all SBU EHS projects are loaded in EHS SMART and track to completion.
- Establish governance for EHS team meetings (MES EHS Team meetings; MES EHS Leads team meetings).
- Ensure preliminary information (Roadmap) is sent prior to the each Virtual Safety Walks (VSW), and provide summary after each VSW; keep RAIL updated and track completion of each action.
- Leverage Best Practices across MES.
- Act as the focal point for all MES US sites, ensuring support and direct link between them and the MES EHS Assoc. Director (should be available to travel within US, as a minimum).
- Conduit between the SBU and the EHS Central SME as needed.
- Engage with SBU Senior Leadership to facilitate issue resolution.
- Participate in all SBU RRCA reviews.
- Participate in EHS and Central Ops meetings as EHS Assoc. Director backup, if needed.
- Influence business units, customers with imagination, creativity and innovation
- Fully utilize their extended network and influencing skills to gain collaborative agreement with key stakeholders to progress business needs
- Enable and empower others within the business to be successful
- Uses unconventional approach to solve business and customer problems when standard approaches doesn't work and to get the right people involved to solve problems
- Advise on strategies for improving team dynamics on complex or challenging issues
- Develop positive relationship based on trust with both internal and external customers
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of prior relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 7 years experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- 7+ years EH&S experience or equivalent
- Experience with continuous improvement and lean initiatives
- Masters or higher equivalent in business, manufacturing, operations, etc.
- Experience with Collins EHS MS
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.