Senior Software Engineer - Metro ProjectsApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HNY36: New York, NY (IMS INC) 225 West 39th Street, 2nd Floor , New York, NY, 10018 USA
We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise to join our team in New York City, NY. This is a software lead position to perform and lead all phases of software engineering for SCADA and Train control software operations including requirement analysis, design, development, code, unit test, system integration, and field installation support.
- Perform software design and development
- Meet schedule deadlines and within budget.
- Work with and extend existing components to implement client requirements
- Participate in requirement analysis
- Lead code reviews
- Interact with end customer on technical issues
- Mentor junior engineers
- Conduct all activities according to organizational processes
- Expertise in C, Java
- Experience with DBMS such as MS SQL or Oracle database.
- Experienced in Agile and Waterfall SDLCs
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Experience with SCADA Control Systems
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Continuous Testing
- Interface with external data sources
- A strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Positive attitude and eager to learn and improve
- Cloud Based programming experience
- Experience with design patterns
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 3 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
Life insurance and disability coverage
Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
Best Doctors, second opinion program
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.