Requisition ID: 17286
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Service Center Technician to join our team in [[location]]. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
Responsible to perform testing, troubleshooting, repair, and modification of various moderate to complex electronics/avionics equipment in accordance with Collins Services Workmanship and Quality Standards for products returned from airlines, dealers, airframes, and/or end users for service under close or general supervision depending on labor grade.
- Sets up and operates precision test equipment for alignment, troubleshooting and testing of electrical equipment and systems. Possesses a working knowledge of standard test equipment, oscilloscopes, ohmmeters, signal generators, spectrum analyzers etc., as well as a working knowledge of custom made test equipment including automatic test equipment.
- Has a basic understanding of advanced test equipment functions. Reprogram replacement equipment, determines possible failures.
- Aligns and adjusts advanced electrical components on units being tested to ensure proper functioning of electrical circuits, utilizing established test procedures.
- Conducts a variety of functional tests to check operation and calibration of test stations, components, equipment and systems.
- Analyzes circuitry and physically checks wiring and operation of various electronic parts, units, and systems components necessary to locate malfunction causes found during testing of components, equipment or systems.
- Performs difficult electrical/mechanical repair operations consisting of disassembly and assembly of units. Determines requirements and installs modifications as set forth by Service Bulletin or other authorized documentation.
- Examines customer units for potentially defective parts or conditions causing impairment or prevention of proper equipment operation. Verifies that repairs or modifications performed on customer equipment conform to Rockwell Collins Quality and Workmanship Standards.
- Records results of repair and modification actions and accounts for time required to perform each task on Service Worksheets. Understands proper entries for less common usage (J-TAB, test only, subassembly servicing, etc.).
- Communicates problems/observations/estimates for repair effectively with supervision and/or customer.
- Prepares estimate of repair costs for customers.
- Able to research and provide an in-depth estimate for overhauls and required bulletins.
- Accurately records results of repair and modification actions, accounts for time, and records other data per SCOP requirements in SAP or on Service Worksheets as applicable.
- Knowledgeable of Service Center Operation Performance Goals and impact on other Service Center Operations.
- Properly prioritize time to meet production needs as assigned by senior techs, leads and management.
- Have a working knowledge of various avionics systems, basic electronics theories and associated circuitry and components.
- Has a working knowledge of Operating Procedures and understand why they are needed, able to research and determine what operating Procedures apply to the task at hand and follow them.
- Understands the importance of accurate paperwork and how it impacts the repair process.
- Supports and promotes continuous process improvement and Lean initiatives. Provide ideas for and participates in Lean activities, events, and other process improvement initiatives.
- May be required to train other technicians.
- Follows all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations applicable to Service Center Operations.
- Understands safety requirements and performs duties in accordance with all safety procedures. Participates in facility safety program.
- Access advanced test equipment functions. Reprogram replacement equipment, determines possible failures.
- Be very proficient at returning to service units that have multiple failures, require in depth adjustments and testing with limited assistance from others.
- Understand current workload and production needs to assist senior techs and leads in determining how to best use available resources to meet established goals.
• Technical Degree in electronics or unfinished studies in Electronics Engineering
• English 60%
• Analysis - Understands elementary problem-solving techniques.
• Cooperation - Understands the value of cooperating with coworkers.
• Customer Service Orientation - Knowledgeable regarding the process of interacting with customers to provide positive experience and issue resolution.
• Dependability - Understands Collins' basic rules, policies, and procedures.
• Follow-up - Understands the importance of following through with all commitments.
• Listening - Understands fundamental communication styles and techniques.
• Relationships - Understands the importance of remaining compassionate and empathetic when dealing with the problems of others.
• Time Management - Maintains an organized daily calendar.
Be aware of our location:
Collins Aerospace AVIONICS
Av. Sierra San Agustin #2498 Col. El Porvenir 21185
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.