Systems Engineer - NavigationApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HFL34: Melbourne, FL 1100 W Hibiscus Blvd , Melbourne, FL, 32902-2704 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Collins Aerospace is looking for a Systems Engineer with a passion for engineering and the desire to be part of an innovative, dedicated team responsible for designing, developing, and testing of the GPS product-line. The next-generation GNSS receiver is part of the industry’s leading Multi-Mode Receiver (MMR), the GLU-2100. The GLU-2100 will be the industry’s most capable, fully digital, MMR with integrated instrument landing system (ILS), global positioning system (GPS), GPS landing system (GLS) and VHF omni-directional receiver (VOR).
Candidates are expected to be able to an active member of a cross-functional team during all phases of an engineering system development project. Responsibilities include systems level requirements definition, design, integration, and system verification activities. This position will also offer the opportunity to work closely with our demotic and international partners and customers in the development of the system.
Relocation assistance is available for qualified applicants.
Specific responsibilities of this position span all phases of system product development including: system requirements analysis, definition, allocation, and validation; system architecture design; system integration and requirements verification testing; system modeling and simulation; coordination among systems, hardware and software design functions; and developing systems related documentation. Senior engineers will be available to provide mentoring to develop your skills as a system engineer and to increase your depth of knowledge in GPS technology.
- System level requirements decomposition/analysis, system design and allocation to subsystems/products
- System integration planning and execution, and system level verification and validation.
- Interfacing with system, subsystem, and product teams in the allocation of system level requirements, decomposition into lower level requirements and design decisions, and resolution of problem reports
- Development of verification and validation tests
- Development support scripts and utilities
- Working with other disciplines such as Hardware and Software
- Interfacing on a regular basis with the systems integration lead, project engineers, and engineering management to status plan, accomplishments, issues, risks, and opportunities
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience with engineering support tools such as JIRA, JAMA and ALM
- Exhibiting strong team skills working with both domestic and international team member
- Effective time management and ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Analytical skills - able to demonstrate logical, critical thinking in analyzing engineering problems with resultant solutions
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.