Sr Engineering Project AssistantApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HFL34: Melbourne, FL 1100 W Hibiscus Blvd , Melbourne, FL, 32902-2704 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
The Sr. Engineering Project Assistant is responsible for the planning, scheduling, assisting engineers with administrative, documentation, process and general engineering related support activities. Must demonstrate the ability to support several engineers, providing the wide variety of administrative and computer skills to assist engineering projects.
Edits format of software/hardware documentation.
- Interfaces with technicians, engineers and engineering managers to create/edit documentation.
- Verifies change requests are in the proper state and implement into documentation.
- Performs data conversion using various application media for software development or project file maintenance.
- Provides tools expertise and support to Engineering: MS Office Apps, requirements capture databases, change management and tracking tools. Generate reports as required.
- Supports the Third-Party Intellectual Property process by coordinating the completion of all necessary documentation.
- Supports preparation of presentations. Supports development of engineering web pages.
- Collects metrics and prepares presentation materials for analysis.
- Assists the Project Engineer (PE)/Technical Project Manager (TPM) in tracking and/or maintenance of program/project schedules, milestone performance, and financial metrics.
- Assists in tracking action items, risk management tools, and tasks in the change management tools.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments. May be an informal team leader.
This position requires either:
- An AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 8 years relevant experience. In the absence of a HS diploma, GED or AA/AS degree, 10 years of relevant experience is required OR
- A Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience.
Must demonstrate strong skill and ability to communicate with a wide variety of technical and management personnel.
- Must possess Extensive PC tool knowledge in all Microsoft Office applications, primarily Word and Excel at an Advanced Level; as well as Google Docs/Sheets.
- Must possess Extensive experience in PDM and Enovia.
- Must have experience and understanding of RC Workmanship Standards.
- Must have the ability to coordinate several projects and complex engineering support activities while balancing priorities and schedules.
- Must have the desire and willingness to commit to continued learning.
- Experience in SAP, ClearQuest, JAMA, JIRA, DOORS and Subversion required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.