Senior Electrical Engineer - Power ElectronicsApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HFL34: Melbourne, FL 1100 W Hibiscus Blvd , Melbourne, FL, 32902-2704 USA
The Avionics Power Electronics Center (APEC) is a highly skilled engineering organization within Collins Aerospace, supporting the military and commercial aviation businesses by designing high-reliability power electronics solutions. The major functions provided by APEC include design & development engineering, advanced technology development, strategic sourcing, and technical project management.
The Avionics Power Electronics Center (APEC) is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer for our Melbourne, Florida location. The ideal candidate will have experience in power electronics design (power supplies, EMI filters, etc.). He/she must be highly motivated, adaptable, and be capable of working in a multi-disciplined team with a positive attitude, and proficient in managing project cost and schedule. The candidate must have good communication skills for conveying technical approaches, trade-offs, risk assessments, and recommendations.
The candidate must be able to design solutions that meet aircraft power/EMI requirements described under MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD- 461, and DO-160. This includes derivation of requirements, simulation, magnetics design, trade studies, design for manufacturability, DTC, verification, troubleshooting, power factor correction design, and factory support.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- Candidate must have experience in power electronics design (power supplies, EMI filters, etc.).
- Project Management experience would be a plus.
- Experience with aircraft power/EMI requirements described under MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD- 461, and DO-160 is preferred.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.