Hardware Design Electrical EngineerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HFL34: Melbourne, FL 1100 W Hibiscus Blvd , Melbourne, FL, 32902-2704 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
The Collins Aerospace team seeks an Electrical Engineer to support the CNS (Communications, Navigation, and Surveillance) Communication Department SATCOM Connectivity group. The SATCOM Connectivity group supports, integrates and develops multiple commercial avionics products for the Air Transport and Business and Regional aircraft markets. The SATCOM products include new and next generation L-Band systems for flight deck and cabin services.
A motivated Electrical Engineer is being sought with a focus on success and a desire to join an industry-leading product team. The applicant must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, with good communications skills, and a demonstrated ability to work within a multifunctional, multidiscipline team. The candidate will be required to demonstrate flexibility and an ability to coordinate with multiple suppliers and customers to achieve a common goal.
- Experience with circuit board designs including knowledge of PWB layout and routing rules, & EMC design
- Knowledge of digital circuit design parameters including knowledge of computer hardware components (e.g., processors, memory, interfaces), and characteristics (e.g., throughput, processing architecture, timing, capacity).
- Knowledge of lab and development tools.
- Circuit board design experience including experience with schematic capture tools and PCB layout supervision and guidance to board designers.
- Be capable of hands-on troubleshooting using engineering lab equipment.
- Under the guidance of a senior engineer, develop requirements, test cases, test procedures for new SATCOM developments.
- Perform validation and verification activities to ensure the developed product meets the specified requirements.
- Capture and review test procedures and reports under the guidance of Subject Matter Experts.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
Experience with any of the following is a plus but not specifically required:
- RF circuit design & analysis.
- Experience with RTCA DO-254 standards for Design Assurance Guidance for Airborne Electronic Hardware.
- Environmental testing including Temperature, RF Emissions, RF Susceptibility, and Lightning.
- Familiar with SATCOM standards for commercial applications.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.