Senior Field Service TechnicianApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA37: Livermore,CA 6011 Industrial Way , Livermore, CA, 94551 USA
Collins Aerospace is looking for you to join our team in Livermore, CA as a Senior Radio Field Service Technician to support our Commercial Aviation and Network Services Division. In this role you will have the opportunity to work in an environment where customer service is held in the highest regard.
Our Air/Ground Domestic Voice Service is the aeronautical industry's air/ground voice communications link for aeronautical operational control (AOC) messages. The service is backed by 45 years of Rockwell Collins IMS experience of providing communications solutions to the aviation market.
Whether it is supporting our nationwide Air to Ground voice and data networks, or our custom communication solutions, Rockwell Collins IMS’ Field Service Technicians are at the forefront of ensuring the operational viability of these critical communication systems.
- Install, maintain, test, adjust, and repair communication equipment such as radio and antenna systems.
- Utilize test equipment as required to perform proper installation or repair.
- Be able to independently and professionally interact with customers, vendors, and contractors in support of maintenance and installation activities.
**This position requires the candidate be on-call after hours, on weekends and holidays. Travel is required.**
Local candidates will be given first preference.
To be considered for this position you must have at least 2 years of electronics maintenance and repair experience, or the equivalent in a technical electronics or radio maintenance course. Your experience can be from the commercial or military sectors.
Other qualifications include:
- Proficiency in fault isolation, restoration and adjustment of company communications equipment.
- Experience analyzing system failures and identifying, and restoring equipment malfunctions and failures.
- Experience performing testing, repair, and replacement at the component (piece part) and board level.
- Possession of an FCC General Radiotelephone Operator's License (GROL) or obtain one within 6 months of being hired.
- Ability to read and follow technical manuals/instructions and have a basic knowledge of how to read schematics and drawings.
- Willingness to provide on-the-job training to Associate Field Service Technicians.
- Must be able to lift and carry fifty pounds and climb towers and stepped poles up to fifty feet in height.
- This position will require a criminal history check. The background check includes the ability to meet certain eligibility requirements, one of which is having either U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien Status. Finally, you must have resided within the United States for 3 consecutive years of the last 5 years.
- The position is focused on providing 24/7 support, so after hours work is common.
Education / Certification:
- Requires High school diploma or GED. Completion of a course in practical electronics at a recognized technical school or college OR have 2 years practical experience in the electronics field.
- To be considered you must hold an FCC General Class License or or obtain one within 6 months of being hired.
- AM radio maintenance experience is a plus
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibilities.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace offers a competitive benefits package includes
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
● Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
● Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.