Radio Operator, Communications CenterApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA37: Livermore,CA 6011 Industrial Way , Livermore, CA, 94551 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Join our Avionics team today.
On December 2, 1929, Aeronautical Radio, Inc. was chartered by the Federal Radio Commission (later to become the Federal Communications Commission) to serve as the airline industry's "single licensee and coordinator of radio communication outside of the government." Presently, Collins Aerospace provides international and domestic air and ground communications to our major airline customers.
Collins Aerospace is looking for an ideal candidate to join our team as a Communications Center Radio Operator in Livermore, California. This is a rewarding and challenging position that affords you the opportunity to truly make a difference. If selected, you will be working in a fast-paced environment where customer service, quality of communication, and the ability to multi-task are held in the highest regard. In order to ensure this, the position is focused on providing 24/7 support. Shift work is mandatory.
The Radio Operator will:
- Operate HF/VHF radio, computer, and telephone communication equipment.
- Receive, copy and deliver Air Traffic Control messages, clearances, advisories, and information requests.
- Manage and route air-to-ground and ground-to-air traffic, radio messages and communications for dispatchers, pilots, air traffic controllers and other authorized agents.
The starting rate is $ 21.00 per hour and Radio Operators receive generous increases each year after hire.
Collins Aerospace will provide training on weather code symbols, Air Traffic Control and our communications regulations, procedures and abbreviations and the operation of all applicable equipment. This is taught within a company sponsored training program that must be successfully completed in order to continue employment.
To be considered for this position you should have two (2) years of experience in military radio communications, call center customer service, help desk or radio dispatching. You must also be able to work in a fast-paced environment where stressful situations, accuracy of work, multi-tasking, attention to detail, and outstanding customer service are daily requirements.
Additional prerequisites of the position are:
- Achieve a typing speed of 40 words per minute.
- Successfully pass a physical examination equivalent to an FAA Type II physical, drug testing and audiogram.
- Have resided within the United States for at least 3 consecutive years out of the last 5.
- Ability to pass a government sponsored background investigation to include fingerprinting, and either U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien status.
- Qualify to receive a Restricted Radio telephone Operator Permit and obtain within 6 months of employment.
Desired Experience: Ideally your experience will be in airline transportation services or public agency dispatching. Familiarity with the technical and operational terms encountered in aeronautical communication is also desired.
Minimum Education Requirements: High school graduate or equivalent in general education.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.