Specialist, International Trade ComplianceApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HKS31: US041-Lenexa, KS 10800 Pflumm Road , Lenexa, KS, 66215 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?The nature of our global business is complex and we are part of one of the fastest growing industries on the planet.Our success relies on the Office of the General Counsel to help us get the job done. As a valued partner, the Office of the General Counsel plays an integral role in the Collins Aerospace technologies becoming a reality in space, in the air, or on the ground. The team members bring their passion, expertise and humor to everything they do, from safeguarding our collective world class team’s inventive ideas to helping us maintain the highest standards of ethical behavior. Enjoy working with diverse groups? Want opportunities to grow your career at a fast-paced, global enterprise? If you want to bring your legal expertise to the aerospace industry, our team could be a great fit for you.
This position is for a Seasoned International Trade Compliance professional working independently. Advises on the operation of compliance programs, implements compliance policies, and maintains trade compliance records.
- Support International trade compliance regulations, policies, procedures, training, audit programs, and Collins Aerospace corporate initiatives for the Interiors Business.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in ITC for export commodity jurisdiction and classification for Collins Aerospace Interiors Division: commodities, technical data, technology, services processes, pursuant to, all applicable Export/Import Laws and Regulations and following UTC and Collins Aerospace guidelines.
- Conduct periodic compliance training and answer day-to-day compliance questions.
- Review business practices, draft or improve ITC procedures, and develop instructional guidelines.
- Site ITC lead for Interiors sites as assigned.
- Provide Visitor Management oversight and Foreign Person visitor approval for various Interiors sites as assigned.
- Provide guidance to functional teams regarding Visitor management, technology marking, technology transmission methods, reporting and other administrative requirements for import and export compliance.
- Provide support on multiple International Trade Compliance Matters for Exports and Import. Assist compliance investigations, disclosures, and audits remediation activities and corrective action implementation. Identify compliance gaps and recommend corrective actions where appropriate.
- Create standard work and use UTC/Collins Aerospace processes to determine root cause and corrective actions for process improvements, based on data, process failures and other related investigation recommendations.
- Provide technical interpretation of the scope of export authorizations and Technology Control Plans (TCP).
- Coordinate Program Control Plan approvals and establish compliance controls.
- Interface and collect licensing information and support documentation before routing to Licensing and Authorizations Specialist.
- Support monthly and quarterly SBU reporting.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, tracking plans to commitments and driving/coordinating actions within Interiors to a fully documented closure.
- Review and audit imports and AES transactions.
- Up to 25% travel.
- Working knowledge and experience with U.S. Customs regulations.
- Working knowledge and experience with the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Thorough understanding of the Commodity Control List (CCL) contained in the EAR and the United States Munitions List contained in the ITAR.
- Proven effective utilization of ACE/continuous improvement tools to drive process improvements.
- Excellent Interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to verify U.S. Person Status as defined by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and five years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and three years of prior relevant experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.