Senior Cost AccountantApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HKS31: US041-Lenexa, KS 10800 Pflumm Road , Lenexa, KS, 66215 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?When you join our finance team, you’re joining a team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond. Our team supports 70,000 employees across the U.S. and around the globe. As a United Technologies Corp. subsidiary, we operate with our own business reporting structure, financial dashboards and earnings metrics. This reporting relationship allows finance team members to implement innovative tools for the aerospace market in a stand-alone business environment. At Collins Aerospace, you’ll be not only be advancing your career, you’ll be leaving your mark on the future of advanced technologies.
Reporting to the Accounting & Cost Analysis Manager the Senior Cost Accountant will apply principles of cost accounting to conduct studies which provide detailed cost information not supplied by general accounting systems.
- Manages inventory and related work order systems including physical to perpetual to general ledger reconciliations, journal entries, audit explanations, and standard costs.
- Manages periodic requirements of manufacturing systems to ensure timing and accuracy of standards and gross margins and provides meaningful analysis of results.
- Manages preparation and execution of annual standard cost roll.
- Manages processes involving establishment of standard costs of new parts, and review and analysis of standard costs for existing parts.
- Analyzes the of purchase price variance general ledger account.
- Audits cycle count activity, selection of items to be counted, recount decisions, research of discrepancies, and reports on root causes and progress toward making improvements for greater quantity and physical accuracy.
- Prepares, reviews and distributes daily absorption report and compares with forecast.
- Provides cost support to cross functional areas as requested.
- Provides product cost information utilized in month end financial closing.
- Performs reporting activities throughout the month on margins, absorption, PPV and other metrics to ensure timing and accuracy of standards and gross margins.
- Directs development of and reviews cost analysis reports and works with manufacturing department heads to formulate corrective actions.
- Maintains the integrity and accuracy of product cost data.
- Updates and distributes program costing on a monthly basis.
- May supervise and/or mentor other members of the cost accounting staff.
- Prepares account reconciliations.
- Performs monthly closing activities including preparation and approval of journal entries.
- Assists in SOX compliance audits, internal and external audits.
- Assists in the development and installation of accounting systems, procedures and controls associated with cost accounting.
- Ensures JDE system integrity and accuracy of general ledger and cost accounting data.
- Provides support for bids on new contracts.
- Manages cost accounting requirements in support of sales & marketing and customer service sales quotation process.
- Performs product cost and profitability analysis related to customer RFQ process.
- Experience with cost accounting in a manufacturing setting
- Experience with JDE
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.