Manufacturing Engineer SupervisorApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HKS31: US041-Lenexa, KS 10800 Pflumm Road , Lenexa, KS, 66215 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position directly supervises Technical / Business Support and/or Production / Maintenance employees in Manufacturing Engineering. Plans and sets day-to-day operational objectives for manufacturing processes, product specifications, and other areas of manufacturing engineering. Provides direction to employees and participates in the recruitment of support/entry level staff.
• Supervisees the activities of support and entry level engineers who design manufacturing processes and specifications that will improve the efficiency and productivity of the organization’s manufacturing operations.
• Participates in the implementation of projects to ensure that business objectives are achieved.
• Plans the designs and layout for assembly and materials handling.
• May consult with lines of business to adapt machine and equipment design to factory and production standards.
• Coordinates activities involving operations sequencing and specification procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment to ensure quality product performance.
• May provide technical leadership to develop statistical process control manufacturing processes and demonstrate continuous development on those techniques.
• Participates in engineering design concepts and specification requirements to ensure manufacturing equipment is fully utilized.
• Designs and plans layout for assembly and materials handling.
• Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
• Plans sequence of operations and specification procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
• Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques.
• Provides guidance for engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline. In the absence of a degree, 4 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.