Director, Value Stream - Product LinesApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HKS31: US041-Lenexa, KS 10800 Pflumm Road , Lenexa, KS, 66215 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?Role Overview
This position manages a small/medium country or medium/large/jumbo plant or branch or multiple departments that includes multiple teams led by Managers and/or Supervisors in General Management, oversees short- and long-term organizational objectives for all OE Operational areas, defines the process for negotiating contracts with vendors, defines strategies for new business growth, and represents the organization as the organization's primary representative to interface with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversees a number of Product Line Value Streams, each of them led by a Value Stream Leader.
- The Product Lines Value Stream Leader has overall responsibility for all Product Lines of the Oxygen & PSU business unit (approximately $300M revenues), during the Design & Development phase of the Collins Management System.
- Ensures compliance with the Collins Management System processes, in particular adherence to the gated approval process once the project has been launched against the baseline.
- In close collaboration with our market facing Value Streams, the Product Lines Value Stream Leader is responsible for the execution of the future products and technology roadmaps to ensure continued market competitiveness.
- Overall responsibility for the design and development of new products and systems, in accordance with customer specifications, as defined by the market facing Value Stream Leaders, within defined schedules and development budgets, and while achieving defined recurring cost targets. As such, the Product Lines Value Stream Leader acts as a supplier to the market facing Value Streams, delivering to the market facing Value Streams new products, programs or services, within a certain development budget, timeline and recurring cost.
- Responsible for in-service performance of the Oxygen & PSU products, including continued airworthiness, reliability, Total Maintenance Cost and serviceability. Responsible for the timely definition and implementation of corrective actions and fixes to correct any field issues with in-service products.
- A strong background in Engineering Management and Program Management, preferably in the Aerospace Industry. Any candidate must have experience in managing a large engineering organization through new product development projects, or must have managed as Program Manager large product developments projects with a significant engineering content.
- Must be able to work effectively, with little supervision or direction, in a matrixed organization and achieve results through influence and collaboration with the functions (such as Engineering, Supply Chain, Product Support …), without direct reporting authority. Experience in managing large, multi-functional Integrated Project Teams.
- Proven ability to inspire, empower, build trust and drive change and innovation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Program Management.
- Holds responsibility of risk management of existing products in the Product Line.
- Develops solutions to complex problems which require the use of ingenuity and innovation.
- Must be a champion of a Customer Culture, with a global business knowledge.
- Strong negotiations, conflict resolutions and planning skills are required, as well as proven strategic abilities.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills are required.
- Masters degree preferred
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 12 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 10 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a degree, 16 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.