Associate Director, Value Stream - Military & Other OEMApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HKS31: US041-Lenexa, KS 10800 Pflumm Road , Lenexa, KS, 66215 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?Role Overview
This position manages a small plant/branch or a department that includes multiple teams led by Managers and/or Supervisors in General Management, manages customer facing roles, sets short- and long-term organizational objectives for all OE Operational areas, negotiates contracts with vendors, develops new business growth strategies, and represents the organization as a liaison with internal and external stakeholders.
- P&L responsibility for the Military & Other OEMs Value Stream for the Oxygen & PSU systems business – This Value Stream has current revenues of approximately $60M yearly and is one of our key strategic growth areas.
- Working closely with our Business Development team, the Value Stream Leader defines and implements our growth strategy in the Military market, as well as for OEMs other than Boeing, COMAC and Airbus. These include Regional Jet OEMs , as well as business jets OEMs.
- The VSL is responsible for defining, based on market inputs, the future products and technology needs to maintain and increase market competitiveness, and collaborates with the engineering function to ensure these needs are addressed.
- The Value Stream Leader collaborates closely with our Contracts team to ensure contracts being negotiated with customers are fulfilling our strategic objectives, and ensuring existing contracts are properly administered.
- The Value Stream Leader is the primary interface between the customers and our business unit during the Design & Development, Produce to Deliver and Service & Support phases of the Collins Management System Life Cycle Phase Model
- The VSL is responsible for Customer Satisfaction, as well as achievement of the revenue, profitability and growth objectives for the Value Stream throughout the Product Life Cycle. As such, the VSL closely collaborates with our Operations, Engineering and Product Support groups to achieve the desired results, and is accountable for key customer metrics, such as quality performance and on time delivery.
- During the Design & Development Phase, the VSL ensures the effective communication between our Product Lines Value Stream organization and the customer. The VSL is also responsible for the control of the scope of the development project, and ensures any scope creep is being asserted to the customer.
- During the Service and Support phase, the Value Stream Leader is accountable for the performance of the spares distribution and MRO systems. In addition, the VSL is responsible for reporting to the Product Lines Value Streams any in-service issues, and works closely with the Product Lines Value Stream Leader to ensure timely resolution of these issues.
- A strong background in at least two of the following fields, preferably in the Aerospace Industry, is required for this position: Program Management, Business Development, Engineering Management, Strategic Planning, Operations Management.
- Must be able to work effectively, with little supervision and direction, in a matrixed organization and achieve results through influence and collaboration with the functions (such as Engineering, Operations, Product Support …), without direct reporting authority.
- This position has a strong customer facing component. Experience in a customer facing position is required, with a track record of achieving high levels of customer satisfaction. Must be a champion of a Customer Culture, with a global business knowledge.
- Proven ability to inspire, empower, build trust and drive change and innovation.
- Strong negotiations, conflict resolutions and planning skills are required, as well as proven strategic abilities.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of Profit & Loss and other key financial skills.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 10 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 8 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.