Test Engineer Co-op (Spring/Summer 2021)Apply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HND01: Interiors (Cargo) - Jamestown 2604 Highway 20 North, Jamestown, ND, 58401 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
This position is for a Test Engineer Co-Op to support aerospace mechanical, electro-mechanical, and electronic product development and validation.
Want to gain experience designing and executing test solutions for a variety of different mechanical, electro-mechanical, and electronic aerospace products? If so this may be the opportunity that you have been looking for. As a Test Engineer Co-Op you will be a member of teams supporting the development of components and systems used on aircraft worldwide. Here you will be given hardware and/or software tasks developing and performing product tests for a variety of Collins Aerospace products. If you don’t want to be limited to only hardware or software engineering this position is for you, as knowledge of both are essential to this position. Collins Aerospace takes pride in developing great talent so each new hire will be assigned a mentor to help support learning and development.
The primary responsibility for this position is to assist test engineers in developing and validating aerospace cargo handling equipment including structural and mechanical components, electro-mechanical components, and electronics. The test engineer co-op who fills this position will develop strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills using equipment that may include but are not limited by the following test equipment: Digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, power supplies, dynamotors, and electronic loads. This position could also require use of equipment to support structural, thermal, humidity, fluids and vibration test requirements. Test fixture design and fabrication requiring light machining or additive manufacturing methods may also be utilized.
Other responsibilities and job requirements include but are not limited to the following:
- Collects data and performs standard analysis of data, identifying findings as appropriate.
- Provides technical support to engineers on a variety of tasks.
- Plans and executes experiments and gathers, maintains, formats, compiles, and manipulates technical data, such as laboratory or material test results and engineering design changes to support engineering disciplines.
- Design of tests and necessary equipment
- Produces drawings, reports and engineering documentation.
- Performs research and engineering laboratory functions involving the layout, building, testing, troubleshooting, repairing and modification or mechanical, electronic or electro-mechanical devices, assemblies, subsystems, and systems.
- Prepare and present project / technical information to peers, internal management and customers.
- Highly motivated and possess effective oral/written communication and interpersonal/team skills.
- Ability to reverse engineer existing equipment (i.e. documenting something that is already built)
- Ability or desire to create software programs
- Knowledge of Labview, TestStand, IDEC SmartRelay is a plus.
- Must be able to read electronic schematics.
- Be comfortable using tools and equipment in a hands on lab environment where both electronic and mechanical components and systems are tested
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.