Technical WriterApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HND01: Interiors (Cargo) - Jamestown 2604 Highway 20 North, Jamestown, ND, 58401 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high-quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Collins Aerospace is looking for a Technical Writer to create and maintain Specialty Seating Component Maintenance Manuals (CMM’s) and other Air Transportation Association (ATA) compliant documents using an .xml database publishing system. You will review and edit documents for ATA format and procedural accuracy and collaborate with the UTAS Global Engineering Center Technical Publications team in Bangalore, India. You will also be tasked to identify and drive improvement projects within the Technical Publications department.
- Build and update CMM’s in .xml database publishing system in accordance with ATA and customer specifications.
- Review and edit CMM’s and other documents, for technical accuracy, ATA format, and customer requirements.
- Validate maintenance procedures when necessary.
- Collaborate with UTAS team in Bangalore, India to meet scheduled deliverables.
- Identify and drive process improvements within the Technical Publications department.
Experience & Qualifications
- Ability to read and interpret engineering data
- Ability to transform engineering drawings and documents into concise, user-friendly maintenance instructions
- Experience with/knowledge of .xml database publishing
- Ability to identify improvement opportunities and drive projects to closure
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Efficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to multitask while remaining flexible to changing requirements and deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work and interact with various levels within the organization
- Domestic and international travel up to 10%
- Experienced in high-level production of CMM’s using a database publishing system
- Experience using Adobe FrameMaker
- Experience using illustration software
- Computer science knowledge/skills
- Experience authoring to ATA specifications 100, 2200, and S1000D
- Ability to manage projects/experience with project management tools
Education & Certifications
- Associates Degree or a minimum of 5 years Technical Writing experience
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- A Background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
- A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by Collins Aerospace.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.