SBU REACh Program ManagerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HND01: Interiors (Cargo) - Jamestown 2604 Highway 20 North, Jamestown, ND, 58401 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
The SBU REACh Program Manager will oversee and coordinate all activities associated with addressing the company’s effort to ensure regulatory compliance with the European Union program known as “REACh” (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals) and other emerging chemical regulations across functions and sites worldwide within the Cargo Systems strategic business unit (SBU) at Collins Aerospace. Close coordination with the Collins REACh Program Management team is a must to ensure alignment with our customers’ needs. REACh regulations in the European Union were adopted to improve the protection of human health and the environment from the risks that can be posed by chemicals and the use of those chemicals. The program manager will work with EU and non-EU sites and the functional organizations to coordinate and support all the reporting, planning and mitigation requirements. The PM is also responsible for the coordination of all REACh deliverables and actions for SBU. This opportunity offers a diverse experience: the ability to positively impact product designs and manufacturing processes and material technology through all phases of a product life cycle, from inception to aftermarket support and across the entire suite of products in the SBU. The ideal candidate will be energetic, organized and adaptable with a positive attitude to lead teams through challenges.
- Understanding REACh requirements from UTC and Collins
- Work closely with SBU Supply Chain, Operations, MRO, Contracts, and Engineering
- Communicate REACh requirements throughout the SBU / sites. Responsible for coordination and flowdown of REACh requirements
- Coordination with REACh representatives in Program Management, Engineering, Operations, EH&S, Supply Chain
- Responsible to drive Risk Assessment & Prioritization
- Work with SBU Product Family or Platform Owners / Customers to define and agree upon mitigation plans for affected parts on their products
- Provide program management support and planning for Technology Readiness Level (TRL) and Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) progression of alternative / substitute processes.
- Responsible to drive “Plan for every Part” mitigation plans with respect to REACh actions
- Work closely with Engineering & SBU Program Office to obtain customer approvals
- Provide Program Management Support to the Change Management Process for implementation of identified alternatives
- Work with the Central REACh Program Office and the SBU’s functional representatives to gather and analyze part / product data, provide REACh performance metrics
- Work closely with SBU & Supply Chain organizations on outsourcing strategies
- Maintain metrics for REACh, e.g. transitions and engineering changes
- Develop electronic tracking tool as necessary to track actions and activities at the sites / functional organizations. Maintain reporting & scorecard tools
- Must have the ability communicate progress and challenges well (written and verbal)
- Other duties as assigned
Master degree a decided plus
Experience/Qualification Requirements: 7+ years of related experience in program/project management strongly preferred. The successful candidate possesses strong communication and teaming skills, results oriented and customer focus. The candidate will also need to be adaptable, a forward thinker and problem solver, and has the desire and ability to drive teams.
Additional Comments: The position will require approximately 20% travel.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.