Production PlannerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HND01: Interiors (Cargo) - Jamestown 2604 Highway 20 North, Jamestown, ND, 58401 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
The primary responsibility of this position is the planning and scheduling of all materials from incoming receipts through shipment of finished goods in support of customer orders. Includes capacity planning, daily production scheduling, and work order release.
- Generate & communicate production Status to stakeholders within the company.
- Monitor material inventories, track progress of production, and mitigate factors which negatively affect schedules.
- Monitor key planning and inventory metrics as well as system settings that impact factory performance and take appropriate action.
- Release manufacturing orders to the shop per the schedule defined in MRP system.
- Develop and maintain daily production schedule(s).
- Plan capacity for manufacturing areas.
- Publish shortage reports and participate in Delivery Assurance meetings.
- Take an active role in notifying Customer Service of on-time delivery information.
- Provide lead-time quotes and product delivery commitment to Internal and External Customers
- High School degree
- At least 2 years work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience using ERP programs and reading a MRP screen
- Proficiency with computer software such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent analytical, data mining and data manipulation skills.
- 4 year degree in Business or Supply Chain related field.
- SAP experience
- APICS-CPIM certification
- Lean / Continuous Improvement experience
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.