FINANCE ASSOCIATEApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HND01: Interiors (Cargo) - Jamestown 2604 Highway 20 North, Jamestown, ND, 58401 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!When you join our finance team, you’re joining a team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond. Our team supports 70,000 employees across the U.S. and around the globe. As a United Technologies Corp. subsidiary, we operate with our own business reporting structure, financial dashboards and earnings metrics. This reporting relationship allows finance team members to implement innovative tools for the aerospace market in a stand-alone business environment. At Collins Aerospace, you’ll be not only be advancing your career, you’ll be leaving your mark on the future of advanced technologies.
This position is for an Entry-level Accounting professional responsible for maintaining financial records, compiling financial information, preparing tables of accounts and journal entries, assisting in reconciliation, projects, and internal/external audits.
• Manages and maintains the organization’s financial records and transactions related to general accounting, general ledger, projects, and / or government accounting, by following procedures, guidelines, accounting policies, and control processes, ensuring accuracy of accounts.
• Compiles financial information to record transactions, prepares reports, and completes reviews to report accurate information.
• Establishes tables of accounts and assigns entries to proper accounts in order to ensure proper documentation
• Prepares month end journal entries and assists in account reconciliation, projects, and internal and external audits
• Research technical accounting issues for compliance and ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
• Develops, directs, plans and evaluates accounting policies and procedures including cost accounting, general accounting, and statutory accounting
• Manages the planning and direction of accounting activities, including the maintenance of the ledger accounts and financial statements.
• Prepares, records, analyzes and reports accounting transactions, including coordination and administration of assignments.
• Conducts or assists in the documentation of cost, government and project accounting in addition to attending to financial reporting.
• Negotiates and advises on collection of overdue bills and takes appropriate action to recover overdue payments.
• Coordinates credit review, collection of unpaid bills, and fraud investigations either internally or through an outsourced service.
• Manages and investigates tax, consolidation and close data.
• Investigates and manages intercompany, holding company and fixed asset accounting.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and less than 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 4 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.