Associate Stress Engineer, Structural EngineeringApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HND01: Interiors (Cargo) - Jamestown 2604 Highway 20 North, Jamestown, ND, 58401 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high-quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Collins Aerospace is looking for an Associate Stress Engineer, Structural Engineering to conduct analysis to develop design options or recommendations for structures, systems and components. You will formulate methods for computer analysis, perform structural engineering analysis, develop structural engineering specifications, and research hardware and material, to assure compliance with specifications and product requirements.
- Conducts analysis and follows procedures to develop design options or recommendations for structures, systems and components.
- Formulates mathematical models or other methods of computer analysis to develop, evaluate, or modify design, according to customer engineering requirements.
- Analyzes damage tolerance, durability, design allowables and structural modeling to ensure a high-quality product.
- Performs structural engineering analysis which may include dynamics and loads, stability and stress fatigue and thermal analysis to ensure scientific principles are applied and the resulting product meets structural engineering specifications.
- Utilizes a variety of software applications and tools to develop structural engineering specifications.
- Researches hardware and material, to assure compliance with specifications and product requirements.
- Analyzes, researches and develops structural engineering specifications for product design, or operation of product to include structures, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and electronics, power plant, armament, heating and ventilating, equipment and maintenance designs.
- Analyzes damage tolerance, durability, design allowables and structural modeling.
- Designs, develops and tests metallic or non-metallic structures or materials and their related fabrication processes for use in engineering designs.
- Researches and develops new and improved chemical manufacturing processes.
- Designs chemical plant equipment and devises processes for manufacture of chemical products.
- Determines most effective arrangement of operations such as mixing, crushing, heat transfer, distillation, oxidation, hydrogenation, and polymerization.
Experience & Qualifications
- The successful applicant must be able to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Good analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize both daily issues and longer-term projects.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Good computer skills, MS Office.
- Basic CAD skills (NX or CATIA)
- Prior co-op or internship related (aerospace) experience
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Aeronautical/Aerospace or Civil Engineering with 0-2 years’ experience.
- Degree must be completed by June 2019 Degree
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- A Background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
- A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by Collins Aerospace.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.