Associate Mechanical EngineerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HND01: Interiors (Cargo) - Jamestown 2604 Highway 20 North, Jamestown, ND, 58401 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high-quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Collins Aerospace is looking for an Associate Mechanical Engineer who will participate in new product development activities, executes tests, produces parts, designs or sketches. You will need to follow all appropriate Mechanical Engineering design, safety and qualification standards.
- Thoroughly review and understand product specifications, and determine design requirements and scope of work.
- May work directly with customer during design and development.
- Generate design concepts in conformance with requirements; ensure that adequate trade studies and analyses are performed to achieve optimum design solutions.
- CAD solid modeling, CAD Layouts and detail drawings.
- Coordinate with the Drafting group on preparation of drawings, perform initial engineering drawing check, and drawing design approval.
- Support design verification testing, and coordinate with test department.
- Provide necessary engineering support during fabrication and assembly of new hardware.
- Interface with all other functional groups and departments as required in the development of the product design.
- Develop a working knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes used for Cargo components.
- Design components and assemblies to meet cost, weight and performance targets.
- Document design evolution in Life Cycle Data Sheets.
- Follow all appropriate design, safety, and qualification standards in development programs.
- Support bid and proposal activities as required.
- Support Component Maintenance Manual reviews and verification's.
- Internship or Co-Op experience in Mechanical Design
- Cad Software experience for example: NX or CATIA
- New College Graduates minimum GPA 3.0
- Previous Mechanical Design experience
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace or relevant engineering degree
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.