Associate Manufacturing EngineerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HND01: Interiors (Cargo) - Jamestown 2604 Highway 20 North, Jamestown, ND, 58401 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high-quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Collins Aerospace is looking for an Associate Manufacturing Engineer who will transform engineering drawings and specifications into manufacturing plans for product fabrication. You will provide producibility input to design engineering during the product development phase as required. You will optimize manufacturing methods and equipment used in part production and provide technical assistance to all production departments to meet division objectives. You will also work to continually improve quality and productivity for products and processes within cell/area, along with providing technical support for safety and ergonomics within the area. You will work proactively in addressing potential issues and apply real-time problem-solving skills when working towards resolution. At this level, you will work with a moderate amount of supervision.
- Transform engineering drawings and specifications into manufacturing plans for product fabrication.
- Provide producibility input to design engineering during the product development phase as required. Optimize manufacturing methods and equipment used in part production.
- Works proactively in addressing potential issues and applies real-time problem solving skills when working towards resolution.
- Responsible for the as-manufactured product configuration for assigned product lines.
- Create and maintain bill of materials, routings, and various forms of illustrated planning to be used on the shop floor to produce quality parts. Initiate the necessary planning required for NC programming, tooling, and fixturing to produce subject parts.
- Evaluate, prepare, and follow-up on manufacturing processes used to fabricate detail parts or assemblies. This includes detail method instructions and time standards required to manufacture products from start to completion.
- Participate in continuous improvement events in areas of responsibility.
- Implement and support cost savings by continuous trade studies and manufacturing improvement plans.
- Estimate cost and schedule impact for new products or changes in mature products.
- Assist in producibility and method engineering studies to determine the optimum economical method of producing parts on current and new business programs.
Experience & Qualifications
- General computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office software such as Excel and Word.
- Experience in CAD software.
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience in a manufacturing setting
- Internship or Co-Op experience
Education & Certification
- BS degree in Manufacturing, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering or Technical Discipline with 0-2 years’ experience
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- A Background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
- A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by Collins Aerospace.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.