Assembly SupervisorApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HND01: Interiors (Cargo) - Jamestown 2604 Highway 20 North, Jamestown, ND, 58401 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
This position is a team leader for an assigned work area and has assemblers as direct reports. The position is mainly responsible for training/development of direct reports, assignment of assembly resources as required to complete planned product deliveries, managing and maintaining production equipment in assigned areas, management of flow disruption in assigned areas, and quality assurance for products built. Candidate must have strong people skills and promote a positive work environment through the use of the UTC Four Gears Philosophy.
- Team leader for assigned Assembly area or Lean Line.
- Direct supervisor for assemblers in assigned area.
- Assignment of tasks / activities for assemblers.
- Ensure direct reports are trained and up to date in required processes and tasks.
- Maintain cross training matrix for direct reports and actively address gaps in training thresholds.
- Talent management of direct reports including development of employee performance objectives and execution of annual review process
- Drive towards zero safety incidents and promote safety first culture.
- Drive towards zero quality issues in assigned area.
- Active management of environmental, health, and safety compliance and risk in assembly areas.
- Execute to assembly budget for labor, tools, and materials.
- Support Company initiatives on inventory levels.
- Adhere to and promote the UTC People Philosophy in the workplace.
- Lead and support ACE initiatives including MFA, QCPC, process maturity, and 5S for assigned area.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Position requires a minimum of high school diploma and 2 year Associates degree or equivalent experience. Preferred college degree in technical or business field.
- Ability to work beyond 40 hours in a week as required to support planned objectives.
- General computer skills and ability to work with Microsoft Office tools
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Basic understanding of Aerospace drawing formats and typical assembly procedures and tools preferred.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing bills of material and MRP systems preferred.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.