Assembler I, Entry-LevelApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HND01: Interiors (Cargo) - Jamestown 2604 Highway 20 North, Jamestown, ND, 58401 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high-quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Collins Aerospace is looking for an Entry-Level Assembler I to work in the Cargo Assembly group. In general, the Assembler I is responsible for performing assembly operations as detailed in the Manufacturing Order and engineering drawing, functional testing of product, and kitting/packaging of hardware for shipment. You must be quality oriented and able to work in a team environment. The ability to maintain a safe and clean work environment is critical to the position. You may also be involved in ACE initiatives in your work areas. You will work under the direct supervision of a Manufacturing Team Leader or higher-level assembler in the area to learn the required skills and processes.
- Assembly of hardware per Manufacturing Order, Engineering Drawing, and applicable specifications.
- Packaging and kitting of parts for shipment
- Assist Part Dispatchers with pulling inventory details for assembly jobs
- Assist with cycle counting and lot trace-ability
- Must adhere to all EH & S regulations and policies as well as attend required training courses related to EH & S
- Adheres to 5S training's to maintain clean and organized work areas
- Participate in Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) as required
- Basic computer knowledge
- Use of hand and power tools
- Support Customer Demands
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to function productively as part of a team
- Must be capable to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to work in a standing position up to 8 hours per day
- Adhere to and promote Geared For Success: People, Ideas, Integrity, Performance
Education & Certifications
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.