Operations Manager - Busch DriveApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HFL07: ASG Jacksonville-Busch Dr 10531 Busch Dr N , Jacksonville, FL, 32218 USA
Engineered Polymer Products Operations Manager is a highly motivated, people leader responsible for owning and managing the product line’s performance and people. This individual reports to the Value Stream Manager who is accountable for the value management stream, strategic and tactical supply chain, ACE (continuous improvement) and cost reduction. A successful EPP Operations Manager will utilize lean tools and processes within their departments and cross-functionally to improve their business’ performance while working comfortably within a diverse, global matrix organization.
• Inspires team members by promoting inclusion in the team and at our site overall. Coaches and encourages team on how to meet program milestones on time.
• Drives change and innovationthrough process improvement tools to drive efficiency of operations and cost effectiveness.
• Interfaces with internal customers to understand customer needs and issues and ensure that the customers receive world class service.
• Works across departments such as engineering, quality, maintenance, ACE, EHS, and materials.
• Supports all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment
• Builds trust and manages the performance of employees within the production department.
• Mentor, train and develop teammates for career progression, performance and recognition purposes.
• Oversees production operations (shop floor management, workforce management, and flow disruption management), manufacturing to reach short term and long term goals.
• Manages and supervises the work of manufacturing production disciplines in the Operations function.
• Implement continuous improvement initiatives using lean tools and practices, for example 5S, RTPR, and Tier meetings.
• Build and deliver productivity plans by reviewing master schedule and productivity requirements.
• Leads cost reduction efforts and process improvements for the unit or shift to ensure efficiency of operations and cost effectiveness.
• Leads the sequencing of work, such as build and delivery, for the unit or shift to ensure smooth operations and optimal use of resources.
• Heads materials and logistics problem resolution for the unit or shift to ensure availability of materials and smooth operations.
• Establishes performance objectives and leads cell performance and productivity.
• You will be working in a manufacturing facility for Marine Applications, you will both frequent the shop floor and the Administration area of the building. EPP Busch location is a small facility of around 100 people making it a tight knit culture. This Collins facility was also just opened in 2019 making it an exciting opportunity to support the growth of newly launched programs. Collins is centered on trust, respect, integrity, innovation, and excellence.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 3 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of operations, engineering, manufacturing, production, or other related industries.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
Preferred Qualification Requirements:
- Increasing levels of managerial experience in operations, engineering, manufacturing, production, or other related industries.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
While the rest of Collins Aerospace soars into the sky, Engineered Polymer Products dives into the sea! Located in Jacksonville, Florida, EPP specializes in marine applications for surface ships and submarines. Our dedicated teams create specialty naval parts that aid the U.S. Navy in executing their mission, ensuring excellence every day. Consider joining a community focused on culture, quality, and safety, and apply
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.