Business Development ManagerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HFL04: ASG Jacksonville-Blount Island 6061 BF Goodrich Blvd , Jacksonville, FL, 32226 USA
ABOUT THE BUSINESS: While the rest of Collins Aerospace soars into the sky, Engineered Polymer Products dives into the sea! Located in Jacksonville, Florida, EPP specializes in marine applications for surface ships and submarines. Our dedicated teams create specialty naval parts that aid the U.S. Navy in executing their mission, ensuring excellence every day. Consider joining a community focused on culture, quality, and safety, and apply today!
SUMMARY: Plans, directs and coordinates the marketing of the organization’s products and/or services by performing the following duties personally or through others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Understands technical complexities of the products and manufacturing capabilities in order to identify and discriminate between good and poor opportunities for business growth.
- Routinely interfaces with customers’ Engineering and purchasing staff; ability to readily discuss technical issues associated with product and its application.
- Initiates and conducts market analysis on new business opportunities to determine strategic fit and financial benefits to the business.
- Clearly communicates with customers and potential customers an understanding and experience with Navy products and services.
- Actively pursues business opportunities that enhance and expand current product portfolio in order to ensure annual financial commitments are met as well as execution to meet financial growth objectives for the business.
- Develops and executes marketing plans and programs, both short and long range, to ensure revenue growth and expansion of company products and/or services.
- Researches, analyzes and monitors financial, technological, and demographic factors so that market opportunities may be capitalized on and the effects of competitive activity may be minimized.
- Communicates and develops product advertising strategy and literature with outside advertising agencies; works with writers & artists, and oversees copyrighting, design, layout, paste-up and production of promotional materials.
- Reviews labor and material estimates for quotations that are generated for products and services.
- Provides input to annual and five-year sales forecast plan. Develops annual budget plans for Business Development requirements.
- Develops and refines a strategic plan for business unit products and services.
- Develops and recommends competitive pricing for the organization commensurate with achieving strategic financial objectives.
- Coordinates with other functional departments on issues regarding product design and development, pricing, manufacturing lead times, contractual terms and conditions, etc., to be able to act as a principal point of contact with the customer.
- Represents Business Development and the customer viewpoint in business meetings involving various functional areas.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts in both the administrative and manufacturing environments.
- Develops and gives business unit and program presentations to customers and other functional areas.
- Serves as principal coordinator/organizer of proposal responses; chiefly responsible for a fully compliant response to customer’s request. Works closely with military pricing/financial analyst in proposal development and compliance.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No direct supervision, but will be involved in prioritizing activities of customer service representatives and administrative support personnel. Responsible for leading teams to accomplish specific objectives as an informal leader.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years of marketing/customer service experience, with in-depth knowledge and experience in the defense industry. Experience with Naval products/services preferred. Master’s degree/MBA, or Engineering degree preferred.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to persuade new or existing customers to buy products.
MATHEMATICAL AND OTHER SKILLS:
- Strong understanding of accounting/cost and engineering principles.
- Proficiency on PC and with Windows word-processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Strong writing skills; able to make coherent arguments in support of stated position.
- Basic understanding of the FAR/DFAR.
- Accurately distinguish between good and poor marketing opportunities for the business.
- Able to interpret contractual language to assess impact to business.
- Negotiate and set pricing to maximize profit and obtain business.
- Assess credibility and sincerity of potential customers and opportunities.
- Able to solve problems/issues/schedule conflicts for mutual benefit of customers and the business.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must be a U.S. citizen. Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office: usually quiet. This position requires visiting industrial environments, which may have a higher noise/hazard level. Domestic travel will be required.
INTERACTION WITH OTHERS:
- Individual will interact daily with Business Development, Finance and Engineering Department personnel, the General Manager of the business unit, and with various customer employees working on Contracts, Engineering and Purchasing departments.
- Individual will interact occasionally with senior executive leadership of the company and customers/potential customers. This includes making formal or informal presentations as well as discussions/engagement in social settings.
- Individual will be comfortable interacting with Government engineering, program management, and acquisition personnel, including active duty military officers.
- Individual must be able to develop customer relationships both within and outside the United States. Acceptance and ability to adapt to other cultures and understand other viewpoints is an important characteristic for this position.
BENEFITS: At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel
us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.