Systems EngineerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HAL31: Huntsville, AL 420 Jan Davis Drive , Huntsville, AL, 35806-4545 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
Collins Aerospace is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Systems Engineering position to support airborne platforms across multiple programs. The position will require the verification of software requirements by creating and running functional tests in a laboratory test environment utilizing a combination of simulations and interfacing subsystems. In addition, the assignment may require assisting in other elements of the system engineering process including requirements analysis and capture, system/sub-system design, software requirements definition, integration, and formal test for requirement verification. The candidate will perform these assignments in conjunction with other system and software engineers using Rockwell Collins engineering processes.
The applicant will be part of a team that supports the UH/HH-60 Black Hawk cockpit. Successful programs depend on teamwork grounded in internal communication as well as direct interaction with the end customer including presentations, technical exchanges, and on-site support.
The candidate should be self-motivated and willing to work and learn in a fast paced environment as part of a dynamic and growing subsystem development team. Additionally, the candidate should be experienced in all facets of system development and familiar with common system engineering tools and practices.
• Conducts technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, and evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and other analyses.
• Collects data and performs standard analysis of data, identifying findings as appropriate.
• Conducts engineering processes using standard work, including verification and qualification procedures.
• Seeks to identify possible problems presented in applicable projects that may cause a delay or exceed budget. Contributes to finding appropriate solutions.
• Performs analysis at all levels of the total system product including concept, design, fabrication, modeling, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
• Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
• Considers and evaluates alternatives accounting for similar metrics.
• Manages configuration process, performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Performs architectural exploration.
• Decomposes customer specifications and system level requirements into sub-system and piece part requirements, and generates verification criteria and plans for the requirements.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and less than 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 4 years of relevant experience is required.
Candidates must have the following skills or qualifications:
U.S. Citizenship is required
Effectively communicate in a professional manner
Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
Excel working in a team environment, establishing collaborative relationships with co-workers
Preferred, but not required, experience/skills with any of the following:
Consistently produce superior results, keeping projects on schedule and contributing to a positive work environment
Experience with SVN, DOORS, and/or Atlassian tools
Knowledge of CMMI or DO-178 derived processes
Knowledge in the following technical areas: flight displays, communication and navigation radio controls, flight management systems, weapons and mission equipment, human factors/human-machine interface
Knowledge in the following digital data protocols: Ethernet (IEEE 802.3), TCP/IP, MIL-STD-1553B, ARINC-429
Must also be willing and able to travel (domestic and international) and either possess, or be able to obtain, a security clearance.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.