Manager, General EngineeringApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HOR01: ISR Systems - Hood River 202 Wasco Loop, Hood River, OR, 97031 USA
Our Collins Aerospace facility in Hood River, OR has a need for an experienced Engineering Manager who will be responsible for managing a team of electrical and mechanical engineers and technical staff to support engineering operations for manned and unmanned, civil and military use of TASE Imaging Systems and Piccolo Autopilot.
• Selects, leads, directs, evaluates, and develops a team of professional hardware (electrical / mechanical) engineers and technical staff to ensure that engineering operations are completed on-time, within budget, and as per the set goals.
• Implement product and components commonality and optimization and design quality improvement initiatives.
• Creates career development programs for the team and develops the skills and performance goals of employees to meet the organization’s current and future needs.
• Implements projects to expand, improve or modify production activity.
• Studies the characteristics of all possible equipment available and suggests acquiring the most appropriate equipment for carrying out the operations, ensuring efficiency and optimal use.
• Provides leadership and managerial direction for mechanical, electronic and digital engineering activities to ensure business objectives are achieved.
• Represents the organization at conferences, meetings, boards, panels, committees, or working groups to present, explain, or defend findings or recommendations, negotiate compromises or agreements, or exchange information.
• Reviews and evaluates work of others, inside and outside the organization, to ensure effectiveness, technical adequacy and compatibility in the resolution of complex engineering problems.
• Manages work processes, optimization methods, and risk management tools.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
• Advance degree and 3 years of relevant experience OR
• In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in science, technology, engineering or mathematics is preferred
- Advanced Degree preferred
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
• Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
• Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
• Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
• Autism Benefit
• Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
• Adoption Assistance
• Best Doctors, second opinion program
• And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.