Site General Manager - Hong Kong Service Center (GAP Ltd)Apply Now
Raytheon Technologies (NYSE: RTX) is an aerospace and defense company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. The company was formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, and is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Collins Aerospace, a unit of Raytheon Technologies (NYSE: RTX), is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies, we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are hiring a Site General Manager for our Hong Kong Service Center (former Goodrich Asia Pacific)based out of Hong Kong to join our Landing Systems division.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Business Title: Site General Manager – Hong Kong Service Center (GAP Ltd), (M6)
Essential / Key Responsibilities:
- Leads, directs and oversees the efficient and effective operation of all service center operations and processes
- Monitors product quality and ensures shipped orders are in compliance with customer’s Civil Aviation Authority requirements. Maintains an audit-ready environment.
- Accountable manager for site (people, quality, compliance, performance), interface with Joint Venture parent companies, familiar with Hong Kong local customs, Cantonese language skills.
- Develops annual service center budget; and manages site spending, labor, and material costs to minimize variances and meet margin plan targets for the site.
- Maintain delivery, quality, and performance objectives and targets to meet/ exceed customer on time delivery and quality expectations.
- Creates strategies to drive operational improvement in conjunction with the MRO leadership team
- Provide direction and oversight of the site leadership team to ensure effective teamwork, communication and focus on success is embraced across elements of the organization.
- Ensure that the functional organizations are staffed appropriately with a strong bench of leaders and subject matter successors. Ensure that succession and talent growth plans are in place across all key roles for the site.
- Business partner to the sales organization and ensures that the site efficiently, effectively executes its contractual and company funded obligations.
- Ensure the site and all of its personnel operate in full compliance with the UTC Code of Ethics, regulatory requirements, and UTC company policies.
- Champion an environment of continuous improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Working Environment: Office and Shop Floor
Education and Experience:
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 10 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 8 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required.
- Minimum of 5 years management / supervisory experience. Experience leading leaders preferred.
- Able to clearly and effectively communicate with internal customers (including employees and Leadership) and external customers
- A general understanding of basic accounting practices and principles
- Demonstrated success building effective teams
- Knowledge of FAA, EASA, CASA, JCAB and HKCAD regulations
- Experience with regulatory bodies
- Experience in inventory management and control
- Ability to speak, write, read and interpret the English language
- Ability to speak (both Mandarin and Cantonese preferred), write, and read the Chinese language
- Aerospace industry experience, and / or overhaul and repair environment experiences preferred
- Managing Vision and Purpose
- Business / Financial Acumen
- Focus on Results / Bias for Action
- Managerial Courage / Command Skills
- Developing Direct Reports and others
- Communication Skills / Executive Presence
- Functional / Technical Skills
All Employees Shall:
- Comply with the EH&S/HSE Policy and applicable regulatory and company EH&S/HSE rules and requirements
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are either unsafe or that may adversely impact the environment, to ensure prompt resolution of potential hazards
- Attend scheduled EH&S/HSE training program
- Actively support the organization’s efforts to meet or exceed EH&S/HSE goals and plans
- Recommend improved EH&S/HSE practices
- Lead and deliver on matters relating to industrial hygiene, safety and environmental matters and ensure safety programs comply with government regulations, standards and policies, as well as company objectives
- Administer existing EH&S/HSE programs and develop new EH&S/HSE procedures
- Audit new procedures and evaluate their implementation by staff and administer reporting procedures
- Identify EH&S/HSE training requirements; ensure information/induction sessions are carried out
- Conduct risk assessment, management in the identification of hazards in the workplace and recommend and drive corrective or preventive measures, including control systems to detect deviation from agreed EH&S/HSE policies
- Assist with EH&S/HSE aspects of plant/process design, modification, including plant lay-out, equipment and tool specifications, waste disposal and industrial hygiene, protective clothing and the storage of dangerous chemicals and other substances
- Injury Management Coordination with regards to injury and rehabilitation controls
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement activities relating to EH&S/HSE
- Additional duties as required
The incumbent is responsible for complying with UTC’s “Code of Ethics,” the “Policy Statement on Business Ethics and Conduct in Contracting with the U.S. Government,” and related policies. In executing his/her responsibilities, incumbent shall take all steps necessary to foster open communications and to support UTC’s compliance, business practices, DIALOG, and Ombudsman programs.
This Job Description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company’s discretion. Nothing in this position description changes or is intended to change the employment at-will relationship with the Company or the terms of any collective bargaining agreement. Employment at-will means that an employee or the Company may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason or no reason at all, with or without notice.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.