Quality EngineerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HAL02: Aerostructures-Foley 1300 West Fern Ave, Foley, AL, 36535 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
Must be willing to travel for the first six months between Foley, AL and Everett, WA, at the beginning of employment term, and periodically as needed in alignment with business needs.
- Maintain a close relationship with customer and program leadership to ensure compliant hardware deliveries.
- Support the successful transfer of product, utilizing Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP and the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) (AS9145).
- Prepare, review, and audit First Article Inspections (AS9102).
- Preparation and presentation to senior leadership and customer Defect Eradication and Capability (AS9103) improvement plans.
- Coordinate preparation and management of Notification of Escapes (AS9131) with suppliers, internal manufacturing and the customer.
- Lead cross-functional teams in solving problems, with the use of structured problem solving tools.
- Interpret engineering and specification requirements to prepare, review and approve specific quality documents such as Quality Plans, Qualification Test Procedures and Acceptance Test Procedures.
- Coordinate implementation of new inspection methodologies.
- Participate in customer, as well as third party regulatory and internal audits.
- Prepare inspection and sampling plan procedures.
- Prepare, review and audit Quality Notifications and concessions in SAP and TeamCenter.
- Support ACE / CI initiatives to assist the program progress from Bronze to Silver and Gold certification.
- Support engineering through design approval.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of relevant experience OR In absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required
- U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" Holder
- Advanced knowledge of manufacturing and inspection processes and methods.
- Expertise in interpreting engineering, 3D models (CATIA) and specifications.
- Current ACE Associate or equivalent Lean Manufacturing certification.
- Experience delivering formal presentations to large groups utilizing Microsoft Office PowerPoint and effective presentation skills.
- Experience applying fundamental lean tools to achieve tangible results.
- Ability to work in a co-located role in a constant state of awareness adhering to shop floor EH&S requirements.
- Willing to relocate to Foley, Alabama (relocation or interview travel reimbursement may be available).
- Ability to work varying shifts, including but not limited to nights, weekends, and holidays as required in a salaried exempt role.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally to support the business needs.
- Ability to be regular and predictable in attendance.
- Read, write, speak and understand English language.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees.
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Life insurance and disability coverage.
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, and critical illness insurance.
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning.
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions.
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You.
- Autism Benefit.
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits.
- Adoption Assistance.
- Best Doctors, second opinion program.
- And more!
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.).
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.