Manufacturing EngineerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HAL02: Aerostructures-Foley 1300 West Fern Ave, Foley, AL, 36535 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
Must be willing to travel for the first six months between Foley, AL and Everett, WA, at the beginning of employment term, and periodically as needed in alignment with business needs.
• Designs arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout.
• Proposes the sequence of operations and installations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other processes, which may include disassembly/assembly and repairs, to ensure efficiency and optimize performance.
• Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control to ensure compliance and effective production.
• Checks and validates that mandatory modifications, programs, and bulletins are incorporated or complied with, as required by the customer and the applicable regulatory requirements, to ensure legal compliance and adherence to quality standards.
• Designs and develops manufacturing processes for products, taking into consideration problems inherent in the transfer of technology from research to manufacturing.
• Such design and development may include new or revised processes.
• Develops procedures for the economical mass production in cooperation with pilot-plant and production departments.
• Conducts tests and measurements throughout stages of production to determine control over applicable variables; and services, troubleshoots and solves production process problems with processes or equipment already in operation.
• Reviews field support requirements and recommends tools and test equipment.
• Determines maintenance and repair materials required for deployment.
• May make recommendations concerning acquisition and use of new technological equipment and materials.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of relevant experience OR In absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required
- Perform various levels of manufacturing tasks, utilizing full use and application of standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Ability to demonstrate intermediate utilization of analysis tools such as ANPO, CFD and ACTRAN.
- Ability to multitask, problem solve, and manage resources along with effective time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of shop procedures, planning, and technical information.
- Read, write, speak and understand work instructions both verbal and written, perform basic math calculations and conduct self-inspection / audit.
- Knowledge of various CATIA MRP, and PC systems.
- Knowledge of aluminum, steels, nickel base alloys, titanium, composites, graphite epoxy, Kevlar, fiberglass and adhesives.
- Ability to read and interpret specifications and engineering drawings.
- Ability to develop and implement innovative solutions to problems involving quality, on-time delivery, manufacturing costs, etc.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees.
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Life insurance and disability coverage.
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, and critical illness insurance.
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning.
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions.
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You.
- Autism Benefit.
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits.
- Adoption Assistance.
- Best Doctors, second opinion program.
- And more!
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.).
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.